Job Description :
• Produce and maintain Laboratory binders for assigned projects ensuring that all required documentation are maintained in an organized manner.
• Provide study-specific collection containers / sample preparation containers according to laboratory policy. Ensure that labelling and QC activities are appropriately documented.
• Complete study-specific training (Protocol as well as Laboratory Processing) prior to sample processing.
• Process biological samples according to Protocol, or Sponsor provided documentation. Ensure data are recorded consistent with appropriate regulatory standards.
• Use standard laboratory equipment safely to process biological samples in a timely fashion according to protocol requirements.
• Schedule lab specimen pickup or transport of safety labs to local or central labs.
• Perform simple diagnostic laboratory tests (for example pregnancy tests, urinalysis, and drugs of abuse tests) according to current CLIA registration.
• Maintain organized sample storage containers and ensure samples are readily recoverable for submission for testing. Assist with recovery and packaging of samples and specimens.
• Complete laboratory records, logs, and worksheets and capture other data as required.
• Collate laboratory records and other documents, perform quality control checks to ensure they are complete and file appropriately.
• Assist with the daily monitoring of laboratory storage equipment temperatures if automated monitoring system is unavailable for example during planned and unplanned power outages..
• Maintain an organized work space. Prepare and clean laboratory equipment and facilities for studies.
• Ensure that all equipment used are within current calibration. Liaise with appropriate personnel as required.
• Provide detailed and accurate material estimates for consumable items to be used during assigned studies. .
• Assist with the storage and management of the consumables inventory if required.
• Assist Clinical Lab Coordinator or Certified Shipper to arrange for the transportation of samples.
• Maintains and participates in the fiscal objectives of the unit and recognizes cost reduction opportunities.
• Participates in quality improvement initiatives.
• Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and is not to be considered as all-inclusive.
• Excellent time-management skills
• Efficient use of resources.
• Work effectively under pressure.
• Strong computing skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and /or indication of the study participants.
• B.S. Degree and/or High school diploma and equivalent working experience.
• Valid Phlebotomy Certification (CPT1), preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
• At least 1 year in a pharmaceutical or research related field or applicable clinical experience desirable and may substitute for educational requirements.
• Experience with laboratory procedures and practices.
• Experience working in regulated industry.
• Ability to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.
• Flexible schedule
EEO Disclaimer :
PAREXEL complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in employment because of gender, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, service in the armed forces of the United States, disability or any other legally protected classification