Associate Director Technical Accounting
Job Description :
The Associate Director, Technical Accounting is a position with visibility to SBU controllers and senior management levels throughout the organization. The responsibilities of this role include assisting in developing corporate policy and procedures (P&P), assisting the management team to drive understanding of technical issues (with a focus on revenue recognition matters) and process changes in the organization, assisting with SEC reporting, assisting in M&A’s and all accounting issues.
• Works with the business units to ensure proper revenue recognition practices are applied.
• Member of finance management team will assist P&P process development
• Provides guidance and insights on all accounting practices in accordance with GAAP
• Develop training materials on new and revised accounting policies and practices
• Involved in the monthly closing process to ensure corporate consistency, accuracy and timeliness of P&P. Assist in specific issue resolution.
• Involved in M&A and transactional activities to provide accounting insights and participates in the integration process.
• Provide guidance and support on technical accounting issues (hedge accounting, acquisitions, stock based compensation, impairments, etc.)
• Assist in managing the external audit relationship and ongoing requests.
• Works on special projects as assigned.
• Ensures compliance to key controls as identified in the Sarbanes Oxley documentation.
• Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner.
• Strong technical accounting background possessing a high level of financial and analytical skills across multiple areas of responsibility, including all GAAP matters and statutory reporting.
• Strong understanding and experience with revenue recognition principles including multiple element arrangements and software.
• Proven ability to work as a business partner with all levels of management to improve processes and reporting requirements.
• Excellent communication skills including, listening, speaking and writing.
• Ability to think beyond the financial implications to the business decisions and to give consideration to overall business strategies and key operational issues.
• Client focused approach to work.
• A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
• Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
• Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
• BA or MS in Accounting
• CPA is required
Minimum Work Experience
• Extensive public accounting experience
• Prefer experience with an international (multi-cultural) work environment
EEO Disclaimer :
PAREXEL complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in employment because of gender, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, service in the armed forces of the United States, disability or any other legally protected classification