Job Description :
The Senior Internal Auditor plans, conducts and/or supervises financial, operational and compliance audits and special projects for PAREXEL to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, compliance with laws and regulations, and efficiency of operations. This position will participate in or lead small audit teams; develop risk assessment and audit programs; and conduct audit engagements using computerassisted audit tools to document the procedures, observations and recommendations for improvement.
• Plan, conduct and/or oversee financial, operational and compliance audits and special projects in a professional manner, in accordance with professional standards, audit programs and internal audit policies.
• Properly interpret and conclude on testing results with minimal guidance. Review audit work papers and reports to ensure the testing supports the findings in the audit report.
• Communicate audit results and recommendations both orally and in writing to the appropriate stakeholders. Prepare detailed and comprehensive audit reports in which audit findings are presented in a clear and concise manner, requiring a minimal amount of rework. Generate implementable recommendations for process improvement opportunities over the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, and assist in process re-engineering.
• Assist with the Company’s SOX compliance efforts, including documentation of processes and controls, test plans, testing and test conclusions, exception reporting, changes to controls and other matters.
• Communicate the audit progress and status of identified issues and action items with appropriate management in a timely manner. Ensure timely delivery of audit results and related deliverables within the audit budget.
• Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, compliance with laws and regulations, and efficiency of operations.
• Assist in special projects such as client audits, mergers and acquisitions, fraud investigations, non-compliance with laws, regulations and management policies as requested.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of critical subject matter areas and/or key business processes. Use business knowledge, analytical skills, and experience in identifying process efficiency, risk mitigation and control improvement opportunities.
• Identify and assess with limited guidance key risks and controls related to the Company's achievement of its operational, financial reporting and compliance objectives. Develop riskbased audit programs with limited guidance.
• Act as a department resource for business process knowledge or subject matter expertise and share knowledge gained for the learning and development of the department.
• When assigned, provide audit staff with appropriate work assignments, direction and feedback. Supervise team members assigned to the audit and review their work for sufficiency of scope
• Create relationships and partner with the business to facilitate business process and internal control improvements, compliance and education.
• Provide assistance to external auditors and other third parties as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications :
• Operate with independence and objectivity while planning and executing audits, internal control reviews, and other activities
• Strong knowledge of financial accounting standards, accounting principles and practices, SEC filing and reporting standards (proficiency in internal control standards, GAAP, GAAS and auditing techniques, experience with Sarbanes-Oxley is a plus)
• Solid report writing skills.
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills that lead to conclusions which are well supported and communicated. Methodical and highly organized, thorough and detail oriented.
• Ability to see the bigger picture as it relates evaluating problems and issues.
• Self-starter with the confidence and ability to work independently as well as in a team.
• Being creatively involved in achieving goals by contributing new ideas, taking ownership and enacting new ideas with confidence and enthusiasm.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
• Ability to communicate effectively and timely within the team and with internal and external customers at all levels of the organizations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting
Minimum Work Experience
• Five or more years of Public Accounting experience
• In depth knowledge of SOX and GAAPEEO Disclaimer :
PAREXEL complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, color, religious creed, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.