Meet Aaisha: Software Engineer, RTSM - Synapse at Calyx
"If software development is your passion, then Calyx is the place to be. What we do is bespoke, and it’s a great place to be exposed to different technologies."
- When and why did you choose Parexel Informatics?
I was looking for a job after my graduation, a great role to start my career. I didn't want to be somewhere where there was no learning or training. I wanted to improve as a person.
I never wanted to be somewhere where I am given work and just to do it. When I joined Paraxel, and I had an induction and a lot of tutorials. I work with a great team, and my mentor was an amazing person. There is a lot of support and a very positive atmosphere.
- Tell us a little bit about what you do every day. What are your core responsibilities?
When I arrive every day, the first thing I do is I check my emails. My day to day responsibilities involve a lot of problem solving. When you are building a new study, the thinking process is based around how you would implement aspects into it. It’s important to look at the efficiency of what you are doing.
I currently live in Stourbridge. I commute a few hours a day. To some, that might seem a lot, but for a job I love and enjoy, I don’t mind.
- What would you like people to know about your job or department?
The people in my team are supportive and just great people. I have seen them help out when people are going through person issues outside of work. This might be just understanding you need time or offering flexibility to work from home.
I know I have said this before, but there is so much learning that takes place. If software development is your passion, then Parexel is the place to be. What we do is bespoke, and it’s a great place to be exposed to different technologies.
- How would you describe what it’s like to work at Parexel Informatics? What excites you most about the work you do?
Problem solving is my favourite thing to do. It makes my brain work. It might not be for everyone, however I enjoy the challenge of finding answers for complicated scenarios.
- What do you enjoy doing outside of work:
I read a lot on the train. I enjoy reading fiction, about different cultures, as it helps you understand people better.
I used to play badminton but I don't have much time at the moment.
- Senior Director, Client Technology Partner Maine, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont
- Senior Business Analyst Durham, North Carolina
- Senior Data Analyst Hyderabad, India
- Principal EAI developer Hyderabad, India
- Senior Software Engineer Hyderabad, India