Research Nurse Opportunities at Parexel
In a Research Nurse job at Parexel, you’ll ensure that all study laboratory and medical tests are completed, act as a participant advocate and support all clinical study activities to help ensure the success of our trials. You’ll also perform safety and medical data documentation, verify and maintain informed consent forms, manage CRF shipments and more. Make a difference. Explore Research Nurse jobs at Parexel.
Clinical Research NurseJob ID 61098BR Baltimore, Maryland
- Execute and coordinate a variety of specialized clinical research activities ensuring that established protocols are implemented and followed.
- Monitor patient and participant status and safety.
- Collects and organizes research data.
- Educate patients and family members, for patient studies, and healthy participants about treatments and possible side effects and complications.
Supports Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and assumes responsibility for patient care and study conduct assignments:
- Support Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Clinical Practices, and all work processes to ensure the efficient and compliant clinical operation of the Early Phase Clinical Unit (EPCU).
- Assumes responsibility for patient care and study conduct assignments. Ensures that all study laboratory and medical tests are completed, and that eligibility requirements specific to the assigned study are met. Assesses compliance, symptoms, etc. per study protocol. Arranges for pre/post procedure laboratory work to be performed.
- Ensures that all established timelines relating to areas of responsibility and assigned projects are met.
- Participates and may direct identification and enrollment of study participants. Contributes to the development and implementation of study/research objectives.
- Demonstrates Guest and Staff Relations standards in all activities.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and is not to be considered as all inclusive.
- Assesses, monitors and records patient data. • Assesses, monitors, records, and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to the appropriate physician.
Performs or arranges various tests for patients:
- Dispenses medication as directed.
- Collects and prepares data. Organize and enter data into case report forms. Enter data into databases when required. Assists physicians in completing flow sheets in medical records and progress notes. Updates and maintains the contents of the Clinical Study File.
- Performs or arranges for phlebotomy, urine collection, sample preparation, storage and shipment of samples, drug dispensing, and follows GCP quality study documentation.
- Acts as participant advocate in the conduct of clinical studies.
- Performs daily equipment and drug checks as required by departmental policy. Documentation is completed accordingly. Reports equipment failures to the Clinical Services Leader. Arranges for replacement of expired or used supplies in conjunction with the Clinical Services Leader.
- Supports the implementation and application of ClinBase™ in the EPCU.
- Maintains and participates in the fiscal objectives of the unit and recognizes cost reduction opportunities. Participates in quality improvement initiatives.
Works closely with study team to assist in multiple tasks, including reviewing all study related documents:
- Assists project coordinators and project managers in reviewing informed consent documents, source documents, and case report forms.
- Reviews consent forms, treatment schemas, and side effects of drugs with study participants and research team members. Administers Informed Consents according to Good Clinical Practice guidelines. Discusses potential adverse events and study schedules with study participants.
- Assigns tasks and clinical procedures to appropriately trained research assistants and research technician.
- Responsible for clinical trial material accountability in coordination with EPCU Pharmacy Technician and Pharmacist. Maintains security of blinded code and notifies physician of participant conditions, which may require blinded code identification.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Must be self-directed and often work with minimal supervision.
- Invasive pressure monitoring, emergency care and comprehensive assessment skills are also highly desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Desired at least 1 year related experience.
- Computer skills and familiarity with research process is highly desirable.
- Working Schedule: As the workflow dictates, will include shift rotation and weekend work, requires on-call obligation with overtime, work schedule may change as business needs dictate.
- Physical Requirements: Moving and lifting patient, pushing stretchers, moving heavy monitors, visual and auditory acuity, manual dexterity, exposure to body fluids.
- BSN preferred or relevant work experience.
- Licensed RN, BLS certification.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs