Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry by taking your work seriously, demonstrating empathy, and acting With Heart®? When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top-selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. We're not just the people with expertise, we're the people With Heart®.
Clinical Research NurseJob ID 77886BR Baltimore, Maryland
- Primarily weekdays with weekend work rotation. 6, 8, and 12-hour dayshifts available.
- Occasional nightshift required.
- Self-scheduling and flexibility according to unit needs.
Nursing experience needed:
- At least 1 year nursing experience.
- Mostly healthy adults and on occasion a child.
- On occasion an adult with a specific diagnosis.
- This is a 24/7 in-house unit where participants stay for various lengths of time as determined by different studies. Participants are housed in dormitory-style accommodations, with multiple participants assigned to one room. The nurses oversee the day-to-day administration and operations of the unit.
- The overall goal is to introduce medication or instruments to be tested for future public use for a variety of indications or illnesses. The nurses are also primarily responsible for investigational product administration via multiple routes, including, but not limited to, IV, IM, SC, PO, Topical, Inhalation etc. The nurses are attentive to the safety of participants and possible side-effects.
- Nurses work closely with an interdisciplinary team, which includes Clinical Research Coordinators, Project Managers, Medical Team, and Research Assistants, in order to plan for and manage clinical trials.
- Support Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Clinical Practices (GCP), and all work processes to ensure the efficient and compliant clinical operation of the Early Phase Clinical Unit (EPCU).
- Assumes responsibility for patient care and study conduct assignments. Ensures that all study laboratory and medical tests are completed, and that eligibility requirements specific to the assigned study are met. Assesses compliance, symptoms, etc. per study protocol. Arranges for pre/post procedure laboratory work to be performed.
- Ensures that all established timelines relating to areas of responsibility and assigned projects are met.
- Participates and may direct identification and enrollment of study participants. Contributes to the development and implementation of study/research objectives.
- Demonstrates Guest and Staff Relations standards in all activities.
- Assesses, monitors, records, and reports patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to the appropriate physician. Dispenses medication as directed.
- Collects and prepares data. Organize and enter data into case report forms. Enter data into databases when required. Assists physicians in completing flow sheets in medical records and progress notes. Updates and maintains the contents of the Clinical Study File.
- Performs or arranges for phlebotomy, urine collection, sample preparation, storage and shipment of samples, drug dispensing, and follows GCP quality study documentation.
- Acts as participant advocate in the conduct of clinical studies.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills required
- Excellent communication skills required. The ability to communicate well with people and doctors are essential.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Must be self-directed and often work with minimal supervision.
- Emergency care and comprehensive assessment skills are also highly desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Desired at least 1-year nursing experience
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is preferred.
- Familiarity with the research processes are highly desirable.
- Working Schedule: Because the clinic is a 24/7 in-house unit, schedule will include shift rotation and weekends as the workflow dictates. Day shift primarily include weekdays with weekend work rotation. 6, 8, and 12-hour dayshifts available. Occasional nightshift is required. Although self-scheduling applies, flexibility is necessary to accommodate unit needs and changes.
- Physical Requirements: Moving and lifting patient, pushing stretchers, moving heavy monitors, visual and auditory acuity, manual dexterity, exposure to body fluids.
- BSN preferred or relevant work experience.
- Current Maryland Registered Nurse License.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of start date
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs