Clinical Trial Operations Opportunities at Parexel
Clinical Trial Operations
Research Associate (Night Shift)Job ID 61149BR Baltimore, Maryland
The Research Associate (Night Shift) position is a great opportunity for those with a passion in research!
The Research Associate position is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is interested in beginning a career in research, conducting unique first-in-human, Phase I clinical research trials within multiple therapeutics. By being hired into one of our Research Associate jobs at Parexel International, you’ll be a key member of the Parexel International team. Professionals within the clinical team come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. You will have the opportunity to become familiar with study protocols, recruit and interact with study participants and perform diagnostic laboratory tests.
Parexel’s Early Phase Unit:
At Parexel, our Research Associate team resides within our Early Phase Unit. The Early Phase Operations (EP) team is an integral part of Parexel’s service offerings, providing groundbreaking research through Phase I trials. Within the Early Phase Unit, Parexel hosts a variety of clinical trials within different therapeutic areas. For more information regarding Parexel’s Early Phase Services visit: https://www.Parexel.com/solutions/clinical-research/early-phase-services
For more information regarding Parexel Phase I visit: http://188.8.131.52/journey/phase-i
Overview of position:
Research Associates work within a team environment to manage clinical trials occurring within Parexel’s Early Phase Unit. Research Associates will have a thorough understanding of study protocols and lab manuals, recruit study participants and lead those selected through screening visits, scheduling appointments and providing a positive experience for those within our trials. Additionally, Research Associates ensure sample processing is completed correctly, monitor the laboratory and supplies needed as well as drive efficiency and accountability within the EP Unit.
- Has detailed knowledge of the study protocols and acceptable performance of quizzes.
- Follows medical records procedure.
- Recruits study participants by calling the database, attending company sponsored community events, posting flyers in schools, senior centers, supermarkets, and other establishments.
- Enter study participants information into ClinBase™ and study logs.
- Maintains appointment calendars.
- Operates company information systems and computer programs.
- Conducts screening visits and specific study participant visits.
- Aassists staff physicians in assessment of concomitant medications, adverse events, lab results and other test results.
- Performs appropriate psychometric and efficacy testing according to study protocol.
- Receives authorized sign-off to verify accuracy of all study participant visits.
- Prepares/monitors study supplies and stock levels in clinic/hospital.
- Labels, inventories and sends plasma samples.
- Problem solves study participant issues as they arise.
- Ensures basic study participant safety is provided.
- Assists and identifies issues while assuming appropriate role in position.
- Assists with Monitor visits (i.e., room set up, etc.).
- Identifies issues that need Sponsor approval and brings these to the attention of the CRC.
- Maintains supportive, flexible manner internally with management, coworkers/team members.
- Maintains and updates knowledge of Clinical Operating Guidelines and their proper application.
- Assumes appropriate role with study participants and caregivers.
- Attends and assists with start-up and flow sheet meetings.
- Completes Case Report Forms (CRF) in a timely manner.
- Assures quality and accuracy of source and CRF documentation.
- Maintains accurate accountability for petty cash.
- Exhibits professional demeanor at all times in external interactions with Sponsors/Sponsor Representatives.
• Demonstrated competency in all research-related tasks.
• Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication and organizational skills.
• Knowledge and skill in techniques of good clinical judgment and good nursing care/adequate technical vocabulary (if RN/BSN).
• Ability to effectively manage time and multi-task.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and/or indication of the study participants.
• Ability to function well in a team environment.
• Computer proficiency preferred.
• Prior clinical research experience, floor nursing, and/or psychiatric experience a plus.
• BS, BA in a related field or equivalent work experience.
• BSN, RN, foreign MD or Master’s Degree a plus.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs