Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Research AssociateJob ID 65531BR Baltimore, Maryland
Accountability Supporting Activities
Detailed Knowledge • Has detailed knowledge of the study protocols and acceptable performance of quizzes.
• Follows medical records procedure.•
Recruitment • Recruits study participants by calling the database, attending company sponsored community events, posting flyers in schools, senior centers, supermarkets, and other establishments.
Enter study participants information into ClinBase™ • Enters study participants in the study participant tracking system, ClinBase™, and study logs, maintains appointment calendars, and operates company information systems and computer programs.
Conducts screening visits • Conducts screening visits and study protocol specific study participant visits, assists staff physicians in assessment of concomitant medications, adverse events, lab results and other test results.
• Performs appropriate psychometric and efficacy testing according to study protocol.
• Receives authorized sign-off to verify accuracy of all study participant visits.
• Prepares/monitors study supplies and stock levels in clinic/hospital.
• Labels, inventories and sends plasma samples.
• Problem solves study participant issues as they arise.
• Ensures basic study participant safety is provided
Assists and identifies issues while assuming appropriate role in position • Assists with Monitor visits (i.e., room set up, etc.).
• Identifies issues that need Sponsor approval and brings these to the attention of the CRC.
• Maintains supportive, flexible manner internally with management, coworkers/team members.
• Maintains and updates knowledge of Clinical Operating Guidelines and their proper application.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Assumes appropriate role with study participants and caregivers.
• Attends and assists with start-up and flow sheet meetings.
• Completes Case Report Forms (CRF) in a timely manner.
• Assures quality and accuracy of source and CRF documentation.
• Complies with Quality Management (QM) department guidelines and performs corrections for QM, CRC and Monitor/Sponsor Representative in a timely manner.
• Maintains accurate accountability for petty cash.
• Exhibits professional demeanor at all times in external interactions with Sponsors/Sponsor Representatives.
• Demonstrated competency in all research-related tasks.
• Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication and organizational skills.
• Knowledge and skill in techniques of good clinical judgment and good nursing care/adequate technical vocabulary (if RN/BSN).
• Ability to effectively manage time and multi-task.
• Demonstrated knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and/or indication of the study participants.
• Ability to function well in a team environment.
• Computer proficiency preferred.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Prior clinical research experience, floor nursing, and/or psychiatric experience a plus.
• BS, BA in a related field or equivalent work experience.
• BSN, RN, foreign MD or Master’s Degree a plus.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs