• This position will take on various roles, dependent on account requirements.
These roles may include: line management; account management; and/or billable project director responsibilities.
• Account management responsibilities may include providing portfolio level oversight of large, complex clinical trials or clinical trial programs for an account or a grouping of accounts.
• The role will ensure the project teams assigned to relevant account(s) achieve operational excellence and will take accountability for delivering projects/programs on time, to budget, to the highest quality, and in compliance with ICH GCP, ensuring we meet client expectations.
• This position is responsible for oversight of profitability of a project(s), program(s) or portfolio, the oversight of quality of project delivery in accordance with the timelines, and the development of the client teams’ relationship, as required, inclusive of client satisfaction.
• Director, Project Leadership, may contribute actively in proposal development teams, using their knowledge and experience to develop innovative plans and program architecture. Works independently, will request interaction/supervision by Line Manager only if needed.
• Ability to create a sense of urgency and take a proactive, solutions-based approach
• Budget management /financial acumen and capitalize on the diverse background and viewpoints to increase the productivity of the teams/group.
• Highly Accountable
• Excellent knowledge of all operational and regulatory aspects of clinical research
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a deep understanding of communication across cultures and ability to communicate effectively with clients.
• Leverages communication across boundaries and uses multiple communication mechanisms to convey information across functional lines and upward within PAREXEL.
• Understands and uses positional authority to deliver messages effectively.
• Critical thinking & Problem Solving
• Conflict Management
• Client focused and demonstrates an ability to create and maintain trust with the client through account and personal interactions; act as a trusted advisor and become involved in the client’s decision-making process.
• Strategic Thinking
• A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning; leading by example.
• Ability to adopt and work according to 'high performance culture (HPC) principles' and to ensure apparent implementation of these values in project/program team(s)
• Ability to inspire cross-functional teams to collaborate and demonstrate ONE PAREXEL approach
• Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
• Ability to thrive in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
• Expert understanding of all aspects of project life-cycle and consulting of this expertise
• Contingency Planning & Risk Management
• Ability to work independently, with minimal guidance in only the most complex situations and knows when to call on senior management for involvement in communicating to client executives after assessing the organizational implications.
• Sophisticated analytical thought to define and resolve issues in a variety of complex situations
• People Management and Influential skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word, and project planning software
• Ability to become proficient with PAREXEL systems
• Familiarity with standard business and eClinical systems used in Clinical Research such as CTMS, EDC, IXRS, TMF and project planning tools
• Expert in ICH GCP regulations in relevant geographies
• Solid clinical knowledge and expert understanding of clinical research and protocol design
• Competencies aligned to Project Leadership Job Models for: Project Planning; Project Execution; Project Fulfillment; Financial Management; Risk Management; Quality Management; Team Leadership; Communication and Relationship Management
Knowledge and Experience:
• Strong command of written and spoken English language, local language proficiency as required
• Proven substantial expert project management experience, preferably in healthcare, clinical research, or contract research organization
• Proven track record of developing client relationships at program and / or account level
• Significant leadership experience and previous line management experience
• Different trial phase experience (including phases I-IV) is desirable.
• Bachelor’s degree in a science/medical related field. Advanced degree highly desirable
• PMP or equivalent desirable