As a Biostatistician at Parexel you’ll work on a variety of projects, while collaborating with our global team of experts. You’ll be able to develop your statistical skills, gain exposure to multiple therapeutic areas, become involved in business development activities, and have the opportunity to grow and develop your career within a flexible working environment. You’ll also contribute to research design and analytical strategies, provide input into protocols, and develop and review statistical analysis plans.
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"Parexel is very team oriented, so you work with a lot of people and also get to work in different therapeutic areas. There are many opportunities to find what you enjoy and the management is very supportive."James - Principal Biostatistician
"From a new graduate to a well-trained Biostatistician, I have definitely gained significant experiences in Parexel over the past three years. At Parexel I have always felt valued and supported, my strength got recognized and optimized here and my work got appreciated. I am very proud to be a part of the organization."Fiona - Biostatistician II
Opportunity to learn and grow through a performance and development goal-setting program.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and a flexible working enviroment.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
The ability to innovate, ask “what if” and try new solutions without fear of failure.
Utilize Parexel’s industry leading clinical systems and solutions
Strong mentors with depths of experience working for global health authorities.
• Develops expertise beyond biostatistics by researching the medical literature and regulatory documents to develop an understanding of the clinical, regulatory and commercial climate
• Contributes to preparation of the development strategy that will allow for effective and safe utilization of the product
• Drives the design of innovative and efficient clinical trials, including the selection of populations to study and endpoints to use. Develops trial designs that address study objectives that will support regulatory approval and market access.
• Translates scientific questions into statistical terms and statistical concepts into layman terms
• Challenges collaborator assumptions and positions based on facts and provide insights and perspective based on available information
• Ensures that all analyses conducted have clearly articulated hypotheses associated with them and that the trial design and data collected support conducting the analysis
• Communicates effectively with clinical and regulatory partners and external opinion leaders
• Builds the external reputation of Sponsor R&D via external interactions through collaborations with alliance partners, academic and government research organizations and through conference participation
• Authors and/or reviews protocol synopsis, protocol, statistical analysis plan, data presentation plan, case-report forms, clinical study reports, associated publications and other study level specification documents
• Exercises cost-disciplined science in sizing of the trials and in the planning for the analyses to be conducted
• Compliant with Sponsor processes and SOPs, global and project standards, and responsible for quality of deliverables
• Ensures programming team or vendor partner understands the nature of the clinical data being collected and the approaches to summarizing the information
• Collaborates with clinicians and medical writers to prepare summaries of results for use in regulatory documents and scientific articles
• Drives, with the Clinician, the interpretation of results, development of key messages and communication to the development team.
• Drives alignment at study team level, and escalates lack of team alignment to the Sponsor Lead for resolution
• Provides statistical consultation for ad hoc analysis requests including design of appropriate analyses to answer relevant questions
• Takes accountability for ensuring quality in all planning, design and execution of assignments associated with the assigned protocol or project.
• Ability to work successfully within cross-functional teams leading to successful global regulatory filings and approvals
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to the changing needs of the organization.
• Ability to organize multiple work assignments and establish priorities.
• Strong interpersonal skills evidenced in interactions with individuals at all levels of the organization, and demonstrated ability to develop relationships within the organization and leverage the formal and informal organizational structure to assist in goal achievement.
Sr. PS Specifics
• Extensive knowledge of statistical / clinical trials methodology as it relates to clinical development
• Demonstrated data analysis planning, execution and delivery experience in multiple clinical development setting, e.g. different diseases, indications, development phase
• Master's degree in Statistics or equivalent ? 8 years of industry related experience
• Ph.D. in Statistics or equivalent & ? 6 years of industry related experience
• Microsoft Suite
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs