Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry by taking your work seriously, demonstrating empathy, and acting With Heart®? When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top-selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. We're not just the people with expertise, we're the people With Heart®.
Director, Project Leadership - EnterpriseJob ID 73542BR Belgium - Any Region - Home Based
We are looking to recruit an experienced Director, Project Leadership to provide line management; some account management; and/or billable project director responsibilities within our Enterprise business for our large Pharma clients. The position can be based in the following locations - UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Romania, France, Hungary, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Serbia, Russia, Lithuania and all can be either office or remotely home based.
As the Director, Project Leadership you will lead the Parexel and Client teams by combining substantial advanced clinical research experience with insight into client pressures in order to develop the right solution for the client. This requires extensive people leadership skills as well as influencing skills using own network within Parexel and Client organizations, project management skills and business understanding, knowledge, and experience in order to independently make effective decisions and take action.
This position will take on various roles, dependent on account requirements. Account management responsibilities may include providing portfolio level oversight of large, complex clinical trials or clinical trial programs for an account or a grouping of accounts. The role will ensure the project teams assigned to relevant account(s) achieve operational excellence and will take accountability for delivering projects/programs on time, to budget, to the highest quality, and in compliance with ICH GCP, ensuring we meet client expectations. This position is responsible for oversight of profitability of a project(s), program(s) or portfolio, the oversight of quality of project delivery in accordance with the timelines, and the development of the client teams’ relationship, as required, inclusive of client satisfaction. You may also contribute actively to proposal development teams, using their knowledge and experience to develop innovative plans and program architecture.
When having Line Management responsibilities you will act as a role model and coach for the team and new Project Leaders. Supervise, lead, and mentor Project Leaders by effectively managing and developing staff, ensuring that they are motivated and empowered to maximize performance and maintain high morale.
- Provide portfolio level oversight for the account assigned.
-Resolve issues in collaboration with the client and project team
- Provide oversight to initial and ongoing risk management
- Oversee and ensure first time quality on the project deliverables
- Develop and manage the client relationship, as needed
- Understand and own the portfolio/account P&L
- Facilitate Cross-functional Collaboration
- Represent Operations in external client oversight meetings and presentations such as Bid Pursuit Meetings
- Behave in a way consistent with Parexel values and High-Performance Culture
- Manage the work
- Solve Problems and Improve Work Processes
- Network Effectively
- Manage Employee Performance
- Develop Employees
- Motivate and Communicate
- Hire and Onboard New Employees Effectively
- Attend to Administrative Necessities
- Bachelor’s degree in a science/medical related field. Advanced degree highly desirable.
- PMP or equivalent desirable
- Ability to create a sense of urgency and take a proactive, solutions-based approach
- Strategic Thinking skills
- Conflict Management skills
- Financial management and capitalize on the diverse background and viewpoints to increase the productivity of the group.
- Excellent knowledge of all operational and regulatory aspects of clinical research
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Leverages communication across boundaries and uses multiple communication mechanisms to convey information across functional lines and upward within Parexel
- Highly Accountable
- Client focus and demonstrates an ability to create and maintain trust with the client through project and personal interactions; act as a trusted advisor and become involved in the client’s decision-making process.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning; leading by example.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
- Expert understanding of all aspects of project life-cycle
- Understands and uses positional authority to deliver messages effectively.
- Ability to work independently and knows when to call on senior management for involvement in communicating to client executives after assessing the organizational implications of the interaction and consultation with Senior Management. Sophisticated analytical thought to define and resolve issues in a variety of complex situations
- Ability to adopt and work according to 'high performance culture (HPC) principles' and to ensure apparent implementation of these values in project/program team(s)
- Ability to inspire cross-functional teams to collaborate and demonstrate ONE Parexel approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word, and project planning software
- Ability to become proficient with Parexel systems
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven substantial expert project management experience, preferably in healthcare, clinical research, or contract research organization preferred
- Proven track record of developing client relationships at program level
- Proven substantial leadership experience already operating at Associate Project Director or Project Director level within another CRO is preferred
- Different trial phase experience (including phases I-IV) will be an advantage.
- Strong command of written and spoken English language, local language proficiency as required
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and bonus with a benefits package including holiday, pension, bonus and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs