Information Technology Opportunities at PAREXEL
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At PAREXEL, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, PAREXEL invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Associate Director for Finance SystemsJob ID 49847BR Billerica, Massachusetts
The Associate Director of Enterprise Applications - Finance primary responsibility is to oversee the IT systems functions and systems of the company related to Finance and to ensure it aligns with the business objectives of the organization. This individual’s principal goals are to develop and manage application portfolios for Finance related systems within the organization.
The Assoc. Director of IT will plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the department, as well as plans, directs, and coordinates IT activities and resources to ensure project goals and objectives are accomplished within prearranged time frames and budgets. The Assoc. Director of IT will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost -effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Ability to manage groups including motivating, developing and coordinating team members
- Display a full understanding of PAREXEL’s Project Development Life Cycle
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Project delivery approach to work
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload for oneself and the team.
- Ability to manage multiple layers down Senior Manager, Project manager and contractors.
- Ability to work with upper management with Director level and above to discuss IT strategies among other development Directors including reporting and operational teams (L2 -Support) related to Finance systems.
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Oracle E- Business awareness of technical and skills including but not limited to SQL, PL/SQL, Workflow, Oracle Application Framework, XML, Oracle Reports
- Functional Configuration awareness of several Oracle E-Business Modules within an Oracle R12 environment.
- ASC 606 Revenue recognition implementation experience.
- Familiar with at least one Oracle methodology (AIM or OUM).
- Possess a good understanding of the underlying database structures of the Oracle E-Business suite.
- Strong Implementation expertise in Oracle Projects Billing and Costing, Oracle Project management, AP,AR,FA,GL and Cash management.
- 10-15 Years Oracle E-Business Technical Development utilizing SQL, PL/SQL, Workflow, Oracle Reports Developer and Oracle OA Framework.
- 5 E-Business implementations across multiple countries
- Have performed a hands-on lead role across multiple modules on at least 2 multi-country implementations leveraging a globally diverse team.
- Lead an implementation team comprising both internal and external resources.
- Full understanding of the underlying database design for a minimum of 10 E-Business Modules within the Finance or Finance Solutions.
- Oracle Sourcing Cloud experience would be added benefit.
- Software Development using Agile methodology would be ideal.
- Expertise in creating user stories / functional specs, design documents, and creating & executing test cases.
- Proficient in English – written and spoken
- Bachelor degree in the field of business administration, computer science, accounting, or management information systems. An advanced degree is a plus.
Minimum Work Experience:
Demonstrated experience in managing a complex portfolio of business applications and experience.
Demonstrated experience managing a mid-size organization (10-15 employees and/or contractors).
- Minimum of 10 years’ managing large-scale technology projects
- Must have a wide range of application experience, preferably including the following technologies (in order of priority): Oracle e-Business, Agile, EDI/XML.
- Proven experience in managing the design, development, and implementation of scalable software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Effective and influential spoken, written, electron, and presenting skills are required with employees at all levels, vendors and any other internal/external individuals.
- Must possess excellent financial and analytical skills.
EEO DisclaimerPAREXEL is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs