Software Developer Opportunities at PAREXEL
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At PAREXEL, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, PAREXEL invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Performance Engineer (AppDynamics)Job ID 50897BR Billerica, Massachusetts
Ideal candidate will have experience setting up and running application performance monitoring and alerts using AppDynamics. Secondary experience with other monitoring tools such as SolarWinds Orion and Dynatrace is highly preferred.
Candidate needs experience with work done to roll out APM, Machine and Database agents to hosted server infrastructure for the application tier. Must be able to troubleshoot agent startup configuration and connectivity, along with instrumentation related issues.
Candidate needs to understand what a business transaction means and how to configure monitoring for them (emphasis on detection rules). Analyze performance metrics, identify what they mean and how they are useful. Must be able to set up health riles using a metric browser to collect and identify performance thresholds used to set up critical and warning alert notification using customized email template.
Candidate must be familiar with web services including Tomcat and IIS, and also relational databases including Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, etc. Must have basic familiarity on how calls are made between the application and a database using a database query. Experience with troubleshooting performance issues with SQL queries is a plus.
- Possess at least 2+ years hands-on technical experience with AppDynamics related to set up implementations, instrumentation for analysis configurations, and general administration, configuration management and maintenance.
- Understands support concepts to use AppDynamics to troubleshoot application performance related issues. Able to demo user-case scenarios to other technical staff.
- Understands technical architectural documents including Solution Design Documents, Service Monitoring Plans, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis and troubleshoot difficult technical issues using APM tools including AppDynamics, ability to identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or has related field or equivalent work experience
- AppDynamics Training Certification is a big plus
- Experience with managing and maintaining APM using AppDynamics is required
- ITIL V3 certification or 5+ years of experience is required
- Fluent in English
- 2+ years AppDynamics technical experience
- 4 - 6 years relevant technical experience
EEO DisclaimerPAREXEL is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs