Software Developer Opportunities at PAREXEL
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At PAREXEL, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, PAREXEL invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Performance Engineer (AppDynamics)Job ID 50897BR Billerica, Massachusetts
This role involves supporting users; addressing issues of all complexities, and in mentoring more inexperienced Software Support Staff. It also involves process improvement and assembling information and statistics on activities of the Software Engineering Support team.
The second line support function for software issues raised through the IT Service Desk and assigned to you, triaging them and bringing them to a successful and timely conclusion,
- Diagnose application defects from exhibited symptoms; devise potential a work-around for customers and enter an in-depth technical analysis of root cause into the defect tracking system
- Be responsible for the delivery of maintenance releases of software to address support issues in a timely manner and to agreed quality criteria.
- Participate fully in the development of processes to improve the service levels on support activities as requested
- Improving resolution times or quality as needed (e.g. maintain and share info on resolved issues, identify improvements to ‘support’ documentation, etc.).
- Assist less experienced team members, helping them to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to perform their roles effectively.
- Participate in the departmental support rota providing 24hr emergency services to support and maintain the RTSM System.
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner
- Adhere to ALL standard operating procedures of Perceptive Informatics.
- Adhere to FDA regulations (21 CFR Part 11, GCP).
- Excellent diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills demonstrated by a track record of being a software engineer or software support analyst.
- Good interpersonal skills – building relationships and communicating with Users and Systems dept staff.
- Client focused approach to work.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Significant hands-on experience of ASP.net technology, Borland Delphi Version 7 essential.
- Commercial experience of delivering large projects written in C#.
- In-depth knowledge of SQL in Oracle and MS SQL server environment.
- Familiar with the concepts of ITIL
- A degree in a Software Engineering (or similar/equivalent) discipline desirable
- Excellent spoken and written English
Minimum Work Experience
- Experience of working in a commercial software development environment (typically gained over at least 3-5 years)
- Experience of providing engineering supporting for technology products, preferably Clinical products, in a commercial large scale environment.
EEO DisclaimerPAREXEL is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs