As a Biostatistician at Parexel you’ll work on a variety of projects, while collaborating with our global team of experts. You’ll be able to develop your statistical skills, gain exposure to multiple therapeutic areas, become involved in business development activities, and have the opportunity to grow and develop your career within a flexible working environment. You’ll also contribute to research design and analytical strategies, provide input into protocols, and develop and review statistical analysis plans.
- Full Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"Parexel is very team oriented, so you work with a lot of people and also get to work in different therapeutic areas. There are many opportunities to find what you enjoy and the management is very supportive."James - Associate Director, Biostatistics
"Parexel is a great place to grow your career, have fun, and make a difference. Our quality-focused team culture and supportive management ensure growth, learning opportunities and achievement for every employee."Eve - Associate Manager, Biostatistics
Opportunity to learn and grow through a performance and development goal-setting program.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and a flexible working enviroment.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
The ability to innovate, ask “what if” and try new solutions without fear of failure.
Utilize Parexel’s industry leading clinical systems and solutions
Strong mentors with depths of experience working for global health authorities.
- The role is responsible to lead, manage and support a region, department, or functional team to ensure that Parexel delivers quality projects to its clients and achieves agreed revenue margins.
- The role is responsible for the regional strategy, managing and developing staff and their performance, continuously striving for operational excellence, controlling the budget, and interacting directly with clients in a way that results in repeat business.
- The role is responsible to ensure that appropriate management practices are in place (eg, retention and development plans) to retain staff and maintain project and business continuity.
- The role is responsible to actively promote new business by participating in project bids and client presentations as appropriate.
- The role is an experienced leader responsible for liaising with senior levels or management within the organization and to deputize for the Vice President as needed.
- Ensure that the department has a well-organized infrastructure and adequate resources to enable projects to be completed on time and within budget
- Act as executive oversight of a large project where applicable
- Participate in and contribute to project bids, including client presentations. Provide on-going support to Portfolio Management and Business Development groups
- Support efforts for generating business leads (client networking, public speaking, etc)General Activities
- Lead the management team to ensure that resources (processes, procedures, personnel etc)optimally support the business requirements of the function
- Implement a global strategy according to regional conditions
- Responsible for regional non-labour and labour cost budget
- Provide accurate forecasting figures for the annual budgeting process and manage throughout the year to ensure that the budgetary goals are met or exceeded
- Ensure agreed levels of productivity/billability and staff turnover are maintained on a regional or departmental basis
- May be responsible to coordinate client or account activities for department or function
- May serve as GMBA for a location or country
- Approve exhibit resourcing for department or function
- Ensure percentage of travel and billability guidelines for department, region or function, are met where appropriate
- Act as the client contact for local business when required
- Ensure departmental and company metrics are met
- Ensure departmental or company quality targets are achieved
- Participate in committees, task force groups as needed
- Look within and beyond CRS to encourage teamwork, quality and productivity efforts to the benefit of CRS and Parexel
- Work with senior departmental management in developing managers and ensuring a talented pipeline of management staff within the department or function
- Performs a leadership role in ensuring managers and staff are communicating and coordinating efforts to provide superior line management services to staff
- Undertake the full range of duties relevant to the leadership, management and development of the team to ensure their performance meets and or exceeds both the business and their own personal goals/objectives
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modelling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner
- Participate in formal staff review processes eg, performance and salary reviews to corporate standards and timescales
- Maintain a working knowledge of, and assure compliance with, applicable ICH Guidelines, Good Clinical Practices, Regulatory Agency requirements, and Parexel SOPs
- Participate in departmental meetings and training initiatives, project team meetings, and maintain relationships with other departments, clients, and regulatory agencies as necessary
- Participate in PXL and department system/standards improvement activities Skills
- Knowledge of the International pharmaceutical market and the services required by sales, marketing and operational support to achieve product success
- An ability to assess situations and make and carry through difficult decisions
- Broad therapeutic understanding
- Advanced ability to manage and motivate direct reports
- Advanced ability to successfully manage a full workload across multiple-projects
- Advanced ability and demonstrated strength in managing Managers and leading diverse teams
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (including experience in making presentations at conferences, meetings, training sessions)•Outstanding negotiation and organizational skills
- Demonstrable experience of stakeholder/relationship management with a client focused approach to work. Able to understand the business implications of decisions and impact on customer
- Advanced ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize work load with attention to detail
- Advanced ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software: Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team leadership skills
Knowledge and Experience:
- Significant work experience including significant management experience
- The knowledge of pharmacokinetic data is an advantage
- Competent in written and oral English in addition to local language
- PhD in Statistics or related discipline, MS in Statistics, or related discipline
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs