Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry by taking your work seriously, demonstrating empathy, and acting with heart? When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top-selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. We're not just the people with expertise, we're the people with heart.
Contract SpecialistJob ID 69580BR Durham, North Carolina
As Contract Specialist with Parexel you will:
- Prepare and able to finalize in a client ready format draft contract documents, including Start-up Agreements, Work Orders and Change Orders, from Parexel or client templates per guidance provided by the assigned Contract Manager or Line Manager or autonomously, and in conjunction with relevant departments
- Amend, finalize and present project budgets as required
- May negotiate budget changes with client
- Prepare payment schedules as required, to support bids and for inclusion in contract documents
- Direct client interaction with established contacts in conjunction with the assigned Contract Manager or Line Manager
- Provide quality client deliverables to strict deadlines
- Facilitate review and approval of contractual documents and budgets in accordance with relevant policies and procedures
- Participate in contract review meetings with clients and internal customers
- Communicate with and inform the FBP of ongoing budget changes and provide finance system load ready budget tools in accordance with relevant policies and procedures
- Review client contractual templates with support from Line Manager/ Contracts Director / LRM and edit as appropriate to ensure Parexel's positions are covered and to highlight areas of potential concern
- Ensure contracts with client edits received back from the client show all the appropriate changes
- Customize Parexel templates to meet client template requirements
- Ensure contractual documents are processed into and maintained in relevant databases
- May customize templates approved by Legal for the relevant entities and post current copies on the Business Operations intranet
- Participate in the development and testing of tools and procedures
- Potential training and mentoring of other Business Operations team members
- May have involvement in discussing legal terminology for contractual documents as appropriate
- Ability to lead internal meetings
- Highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills, problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Highly confident dealing with internal staff, and external if required
- Established negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science, Business, Languages or equivalent. MBA or Paralegal certification preferred.
- Knowledge of contract management principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Databases).
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs