As a member of Parexel’s Statistical Programming group, you will be heavily involved in leading trials to successful completion, working in close collaboration with sponsor teams, and Parexel teams in differing locations. Depending on your career goals, you will be provided the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of different sponsors, products and therapeutic areas, or choose to focus your career on working with a specific sponsor and gaining in depth knowledge of a specific therapeutic area and compound.
You will become a part of a team with an inherent breadth of knowledge and expertise in small, single center Investigator studies to multi-site, multi-national trials in Phases I to IV of clinical development, as well as observational studies. From initial planning meetings at the study design stage through to implementation and execution, our team of skilled statistical programmers will employ industry-accepted statistical tools and techniques, as well as innovative consulting, to provide the quality and efficiency of projects.
Parexel develops and delivers cost effective, high-quality training programs for those employees that are directly involved with sponsor functional partnerships to ensure that our statistical programmers can quickly step in to make significant contributions to the success of a study. In addition, you will receive the opportunity to shape your development through quarterly conversations with your manager.
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
"I have learned a great deal and developed my expertise. The management team here is open and honest and it is refreshing to be treated with a high degree of trust and flexibility. I have been fortunate to work on a wide variety of projects and partnerships and the work is always interesting."Richard – Principal Statistical Programmer
"My experience so far with Parexel has been great! I had initially started at Parexel as an Independent Consultant but was then presented with a full time job opportunity to really become a part of this fascinating company. I have enjoyed the flexibility to be able to orchestrate a good work/life balance, as well as learn from so many experts in consulting arena and really have a hands-on role with every day bringing a new but exciting challenge."Aqip – Consultant
"I was offered an incredible opportunity to continue my career in regulatory affairs without relocating 1,000 miles away and making major life changes. Parexel is an innovative, growing company which offers much needed flexibility and opportunities for professional growth."Blaine – Consultant
"Parexel is a very large organization and holds a top position amongst the different companies engaged in the Consulting business. It can offer many opportunities for development and career progression. Also the diversity of projects can offer a great expansion of knowledge in many areas of the Regulatory Affairs arena. Last (but not least), Parexel offers a variety of rewards to the employees (bonus scheme, benefits etc)."Giannis – Consultant
"Parexel is a CRO that I had always inspired to join because of the variety of knowledge, experts, culture, flexibility and exposure to be client facing as well as to use my technical knowledge all under a professional and diligent environment. I believe it has provided me the right platform to grow both professionally and individually with the opportunities to present my views and to dialogue with colleagues and clients with all but positive outcomes."Aqip – Consultant
We are one truly global team working together to propel each client´s journey ahead faster.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and an emphasis on life outside the office.
Opportunity to learn and grow through a performance and development goal-setting program.
Health and Wellness
Health and wellness programs, and a wide range of therapeutic areas and medical devices.
Opportunity to work on a wide range of therapeutic areas and medical devices.
Key responsibilities include:-
* Responsible to resource client projects with suitably developed professionals and to retain and develop these professionals within Parexel.
* May also be part of a project team and be responsible for successful delivery of his/her own project deliverables, on time with high quality.
* Responsible to promote new business by participating in project bids and client presentations as appropriate.
* Responsible to provide clinical consultation to project teams as needed.
* Works independently, under supervision of the Sr. Manager, Associate Director or Director. Manage and oversee team activities including appropriate resourcing of staff, staff assignments, and quality control of project deliverables and timely delivery of project deliverables.
* Meet and aim to exceed client expectations by recruiting, retaining and developing a skilled, experienced and motivated team.
* Maintain an agreed level of productivity/billability and staff turnover.
* Participate in and contribute to Project bids, including client presentations.
* Meet client and business needs to have all projects optimally resourced with suitably experienced staff.
* Ensure direct reports meet departmental and project productivity and quality metrics by efficient execution of their project in line with project plan.
* Meet percentage of travel and billability guidelines for staff as appropriate.
* Produce accurate resourcing plans in conjunction with the appropriate Project Team Members.
* Provide consultation, facilitate metrics collection and develop action plans in conjunction with Management/Project Leadership/Leads to keep project on time and within budget.
* Ensure that ongoing/revised project documentation and correspondence is accurate and complete.
* Support team members to improve their efficiency and effectiveness at prioritizing work and improving performance evidenced by the work produced, client feedback, audit results and QC measures
* Provide technical support to team members to ensure that they have the required knowledge to fulfill their duties.
* Check quality of team deliverables (e.g., on site visits, Central File documentation) and take appropriate remedial action.
* May be responsible for own assignments as project team member. This includes taking the role of a senior level contributor on a project team and ensuring high quality and timely delivery of own deliverables.
* May be responsible to coordinate client or account activities for department or function.
* May serve as GMBA for a location or country.
* May manage employees from multiple disciplines (e.g., in smaller countries) and act as role model for location.
* Demonstrate leadership within department, function or location. This includes taking an active role in departmental, functional or location activities (e.g., management meetings), ensuring employees adhere to corporate policies and following up with management as appropriate.
* Prepare and submit weekly study specific status reports to Project Team, Sponsors and management and attend project team meetings.
* Serve as an ongoing liaison with Project Team, Sponsor and management regarding performance of direct reports.
* Undertake the full range of duties relevant to the leadership, management and development of the team to ensure their performance meets and or exceeds both the business and their own personal goals/objectives
* Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner
* Participate in formal staff review processes e.g. performance and salary reviews to corporate standards and timescales.
* Participate in Parexel and department system/standards improvement activities.
Educated to a degree level (biological science, pharmacy or other health related discipline preferred) or relevant clinical or business equivalent.
Competent in written and oral English and local language.
Sound Statistical Programming experience in a Senior / Lead role is preferred.
Substantial monitoring/data management experience or equal experience in clinical research is essential.
Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a full workload across multiple-projects.
• Ability to manage and motivate direct reports.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (including experience in making presentations at conferences, meetings, training sessions).
• Client focused approach to work.
• A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
• Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
• Comprehensive knowledge of relevant software: Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to lead a “virtual” global team as required.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs