Jobs at Parexel
We know just how important it is to put people first. It's with that human touch that we've played a part in nearly all of the top 50 treatments on the market. And every day, we're focused on working with industry leaders to bring life-changing healthcare to patients across the globe. Whether you join our Clinical, Consulting, Biotech, Functional Service Provider (FSP), or other teams, we're doing it With Heart ™.
Procurement SpecialistJob ID 82486BR Durham, North Carolina
- Assisting local customers with budget planning and development of a detailed analysis of their requirements.
- Maintaining close working relationships and provides professional advice and assistance to local customers by:
- Ensuring accuracy of order placement, method of shipment, and payment terms.
- Addressing inquiries and resolving transactional supplier issues.
- Providing requested services for market information and data.
- Managing supplier databases and other tools that support supplier evaluation criteria and supplier selection.
- Assisting with the setup, data input and maintenance of on-line catalogs.
- Reviewing the supplier qualification information provided and recommends supplier status.
- Developing existing local/regional supplier relationships and reviews alternate sources, ensuring continuity of supply, consistency of quality, and competitive pricing.
- Negotiating contract terms and conditions with local/regional suppliers to ensure optimum price competitiveness and service levels are maintained.
- Managing tactical elements of local/regional contracts and provides quarterly reporting on contractual related matters.
- Assisting, as required, in the development of contract strategy, sourcing strategy, quality management, supplier selection, resolving supplier performance related issues and improvement of procurement processes.
- Providing procurement and business management, with statistical, general and financial information as well as regular status reports and metrics on procurement related activities.
- Participating and/or leading local and regional compliance audit activities as needed.
- Providing local and regional input to RFQs when working with Senior Procurement Specialist or Category & Sourcing Manager.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, reporting, and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional business teams.
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship building and conflict management.
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and deadlines.
- Good process and project management skills.
- Knowledge of procurement principles, theories, concepts, and processes.
- Ability to develop solutions to procurement problems and provide high quality and/or creative solutions.
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years procurement experience ideally at a large spend company.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs