Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry by taking your work seriously, demonstrating empathy, and acting with heart? When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top-selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. We're not just the people with expertise, we're the people with heart.
Senior Business AnalystJob ID 66667BR Durham, North Carolina
- Take leadership responsibility for business analyst activities on assigned projects
- Develop Requirements Plan for assigned projects, including appropriate collection method (i.e. interview, workshop), deliverables, and timelines
- Define and develop As-Is / To-Be Process flow and correlate into comprehensive requirement documentation including GxP requirements
- Assist with business case creation for executive approval of new initiatives
- Assist in RFP creation and the vendor selection process.
- Overall comprehensive communication with business partners and stakeholders
- Project issue resolution with assistance of Senior Director / Director / Associate Director
- Support of regular communications and governance meetings
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner.
- Oversee and mentor junior Business Analysts when required, ensuring project requirements align with planned project scope.
- Partner with business and technical team members to identify and prioritize technology opportunities for business process optimization
- Participate in scoping sessions including establishing the as-is and to-be state working with stakeholders.
- Conduct business requirement sessions, interviews with business, workshops with the business to understand business need, and document business requirements related to applications
- Identify technical functionality that aligns with desired new business capabilities
- Drive out functional level requirements in the most optimal methodology for the team and project inclusive of FRS, Use Cases, and/or User Stories
- Coordinate project meetings, communicate with the team, internal/external partners, and senior management
- Able to create BA plan and define BA deliverables, timelines and estimate the required BA resources on the project
- Lead and mentor junior Business Analysts
- Work with the Project Manager to identify the changes, gaps, risks, issues in requirements
- Solid understanding on project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and adhere to quality standards and meet customer expectations
- Ability to work with IT teams and explain the business and functional requirements in detail to translate the technical terms.
- Ensure bi-directional traceability matrices for requirements are provided
- Work with business teams to define the User Acceptance Test (UAT) criteria and help business in defining User Acceptance test scenarios
- Participate in the UAT dry run and UAT execution to help cross verify the requirements
- Develop and maintain a product backlog for new and existing applications
- 7+ years of experience in conducting business requirements sessions, writing business requirements and developing use cases or user stories
- 5+ years of experience in GxP SDLC Validation including 21 CFR Part 11 within an FDA regulated / Pharmaceutical or Biotech environment
- 5+ years of experience working within the Pharma Industry (Pharmaceutical Company, Biotech, or CRO), preferably with experience in Pharmacovigilance (Drug Safety), and/or Early Phase Clinical Trials.
- Experience assisting with Business Case creation
- Experience defining requirements for use in Vendor selection; SaaS and COTS (Custom off the Shelf) application deployment.
- Expert in MS Office tools including MS Visio, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Working experience of Onsite – Offshore model, and with highly cross functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrate skills in understanding client needs
- Ability to multi-task, working on more than one issue or project simultaneously
- Conflict resolution as it relates to people and project priorities
- Able to take the initiative and carry out tasks independently
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Advanced degree in a relevant technical area (Information Systems/Technology Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant business area, or equivalent experience.
- Native language and proficiency in verbal and written English.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs