Everything we do has the potential to impact patient lives, and our Clinical Research Associates (CRAs) take their work seriously, demonstrate empathy, and act with heart. They also perform with urgency, navigating our streamlined clinical operating model to drive effectiveness, reduce handoffs and increase employee, client and site satisfaction.
As a CRA at Parexel, you‘ll be joining a team with a wide variety of experiences and knowledge. We’re looking for people like you to take the initiative to do things better and smarter—people who want to grow personally and professionally. We recognize and uphold the importance of all people, the way we do things, our quest for innovation, and most importantly, our patients. Explore opportunities within our core Clinical Development, Biotech, or Functional Service Provider (FSP) teams below.
- Full Time
- Travel: Yes
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"The last 4.5 years I had a steep learning curve and I am still learning via on-the-job challenges and solid management feedback. Next to my personal growth, I also enjoy our open atmosphere and the great collegiality."Stefanie – Sr Clinical Research Associate
We are one truly global team working together to propel each client´s journey ahead faster.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and an emphasis on life outside the office.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
The ability to innovate, ask “what if” and try new solutions without fear of failure.
Opportunities to work on multiple accounts – never boring!
Competitive salaries and bonus structure based on individual metrics.
PXL FSP has a exciting opportunity for a Senior Clinical Research Associate (SCRA)!
The Senior Clinical Research Associate (SCRA) is responsible for the following:
- Act as the primary site contact and site manager throughout all phases of a clinical research study, taking overall responsibility of allocated sites.
- Reports to Parexel (PXL) assigned Line Management with day-to-day direction from Client. Refer to Organizational Chart for details regarding assigned role and associated reporting structure.
- Works in partnership internally with Global Clinical Trial Operations (GCTO) country operations, finance, regulatory affairs, pharmacovigilance, legal and regional operations, Headquarter (HQ) functional areas and externally with vendors, Institutional Review Boards, Institutional Ethics Committees and Regulatory Authorities in support of assigned sites.
- Develops strong site relationships and ensures continuity of site relationships through all phases of the trial.
- Performs clinical study site management/monitoring activities in compliance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) / International Council for Harmonization (ICH), Sponsor SOPs, Local Laws & Regulations, Protocol, Site Monitoring Plan, and associated documents.
- Gains an in-depth understanding of the study protocol and related procedures.
- Coordinates & manages various tasks in collaboration with other sponsor roles to achieve Site Ready.
- Participates & provides inputs on site selection and validation activities.
- Performs remote and on-site monitoring & oversight activities using various tools to ensure:
- Data generated at site are complete, accurate and unbiased
- Subjects’ right, safety and well-being are protected
- Conducts site visits including but not limited to validation visits, initiation visits, monitoring visits, closeout visits and records clear, comprehensive, and accurate visit & non-visit contact reports appropriately in a timely manner.
- Collects, reviews, and monitors required regulatory documentation for study start-up, study maintenance and study close-out.
- Communicates with Investigators and site staff on issues related to protocol conduct, recruitment, retention, protocol deviations, regulatory documentation, site audits/inspections and overall site performance.
- Identifies, assesses, and resolves site performance, quality or compliance problems and escalates per defined CRA Escalation Pathway as appropriate in collaboration with Clinical Research Manager (CRM) and Partner Line Manager (PLM),
- Manages and maintains information and documentation in Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS), Electronic Trial Master File (eTMF) and various other systems as appropriate and per timelines.
- Contributes strongly to CRA team knowledge by acting as process Subject Matter Expert (SME), sharing best practices, making recommendations for continuous improvement, and providing training as appropriate/required.
- Supports and/or leads audits/inspection activities as needed.
- Mentors / buddies junior CRAs on process/study requirements.
- Contributes to initiatives and projects adding value to the business.
- Performs co-monitoring as appropriate.
- Completes training assigned by Client and/or Parexel (PXL) as necessary, including general training requirements, SOPs, and system and process related training.
- Adheres to PXL and Client SOPs and processes.
Education and Certification:
- B.A./B.S. preferred with a strong emphasis in science and /or biology.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years of direct site management (monitoring) experience in bio/pharma/CRO.
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of clinical research, phases of clinical trials, current GCP / ICH and country clinical research law and guidelines.
- Hands on knowledge of Good Documentation Practices.
- Excellent understanding of Global, Country/Regional Clinical Research Guidelines and ability to work within these guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/lead.
- Proven skills in Site Management including independent management of site performance and patient recruitment.
- Demonstrated high level of monitoring skill with independent professional judgement.
- Good IT skills (Use of MS office, use of various clinical IT applications on computer, tablet and mobile devices) and ability to adapt to new IT applications on various devices.
- Ability to understand and analyze data/metrics and act appropriately.
- Experience with conducting site motivational visit designed to boost site enrollment.
- Capable of managing complex issues, works in a solution-oriented manner.
- Performs root cause analysis and implements preventative and corrective action.
- Capable of mentoring junior CRAs on process/study requirements and is able to perform co-monitoring visits where appropriate.
- Effective time management, organizational and interpersonal skills, conflict management, problem solving skills.
- Able to work highly independently across multiple protocols, sites, and therapy areas.
- High sense of accountability / urgency.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a changing environment.
- Works effectively in a matrix multicultural environment; ability to establish and maintain culturally sensitive working relationships.
- Demonstrates commitment to customer focus.
- Works with high quality and compliance mindset.
- Positive mindset, growth mindset, capable of working independently and being self-driven.
- Demonstrates and projects professional demeanor and communication consistent with organizational policies and practices.
- Fluent in local languages and English (verbal and written) and excellent communication skills, including the ability to understand and present technical information effectively.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 65%-75% of working time.
- Expected travelling ~2-3 days/week.
- Current driver’s license required.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs