Finance Opportunities at Parexel
By being hired into one of our Finance jobs at Parexel International Careers, you’ll be a key member of the Parexel International Careers team. Professionals in Finance careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Finance at Parexel International Careers may be waiting for you!
Senior Finance Business Partner, BU and project financeJob ID 60950BR Durham, North Carolina
- Applies current financial and accounting standards, policies and controls, mitigates risk between business (service line) goals & accounting principles and controls
- Support annual SL budgeting process and financial forecasting process
- Provides accurate, transparent, and timely financial reporting of functional/operational P&L's and KPI's to support Service Line leadership in the decision-making process utilizing standardized reporting as developed by Corporate FP&A
- Translates results of analysis on Operational KPI's and Financial P&L's into valuable insights and actionable recommendations for SL leaders and projects leaders; Supplies ad hoc analysis as requested
- Maintain, produce and communicate a relevant and impactful set of operational metrics designed to support evaluation of financial performance consistent with the Service Line being managed
- Proactively engage and challenge business line or regional functional leadership to achieve financial and business goals; work closely with them to meet financial goals and influence financially sound decision making
- Provide accurate, transparent, and timely financial analysis to support project leadership in project decision making process; clearly articulate financial implications of business decisions / choices, and provide retrospective analysis as well as drive forward looking actions on simple to complex project / contract types
- For simple and complex projects and/or contract types facilitate the monthly revenue cycle and drive the project analysis requirements, including a review the costs & prices associated with units & hours, forecasting, and revenue recognition.
- Ensure appropriate supporting documentation is available and that the forecast is aligned with operational plans
- Complete all required variance analyses for the set of projects, with insight
- Proactively identify risks in the project forecast and opportunities to improve revenue outlook.
- Communicate, document and manage these on an ongoing message
- Identify alternative finance scenarios at project level with a high degree of technical knowledge, business acumen, under minimal supervision
- Review and challenge labor assumptions on assigned projects, both volume and mix. Challenge project resource planning support, monitor resource levels on ongoing projects and suggest opportunities to positively impact project/portfolio margin implications within projects
- As required, complete all revenue control testing, SOX or audit related
- Drive process and system improvement opportunities by leading in change initiatives at project and/or portfolio level
QualificationsQualified Candidates for this role will possess:
• Thrives in a complex, fast-paced and potentially ambiguous environment; Works effectively in a matrix environment
• Partnering for Success: Understands partners’ priorities and acts as a co-pilot to guide them through financial and business decisions
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; experience with financial performance systems (e.g., Hyperion)
• Analytics & Problem Solving: Translates information into valuable insights and actionable recommendations. Provides recommendations to the right stakeholders and follows through to deliver timely resolution.
• Financial Acumen & Control: Mitigates risks between business goals and accounting principles and controls.
• Drives for Results: Develops profitable recommendations, balancing between customer and business needs and profitability.
• BA in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent experience
• Strong command of the English language
Minimum Work Experience
• Demonstrate considerable experience in progressive Finance roles with strong analytical and partnering track record
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs