Software Developer Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Database AdministratorJob ID 53553BR England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our Birmingham office and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
We are looking for an experienced database administrator who would be positioned to progress into a Senior within a short period. There will be a set training plan to ensure you are poised to succeed. The right candidate will:
- Be able to work as an individual contributor within a smaller team
- Require limited supervision to complete tasks and projects
- Possess strong self-motivation
The main roles of the CTMS (Clinical Trial Management System) Engineering Database Administrator (DBA) are to provide and support suitable environments for the development and testing of CTMS applications and assist CTMS support with customer production database issues.
- Maintenance of CTMS development, test and production databases
- Investigation and resolution of database performance and configuration issues at CTMS and at customer sites
- Development and maintenance of Oracle scripts for the development teams
- Development and maintenance of installation/upgrade software for CTMS products
- Installation of Oracle client and server software
- Installation and configuration of CTMS products and other Parexel Informatics Software
- Support the Development and Support team with physical design advice as required
- Investigation and installation of new database software releases and patches as required
- Database and server tuning to provide optimum performance of in-house databases
- Expert in Oracle Database Administration
- Comprehensive knowledge of Oracle versions 11g and 12c
- Good knowledge of SQL and PL/ SQL
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Good knowledge of tools to assist in database analysis including previous experience of Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Experience of large corporate production database environments and handling large data volumes
- Experience administering large numbers of databases
- Experience working with global development and test teams
- Experience of working with Oracle backup strategies e.g. RMAN
- Expert knowledge of UNIX operating systems including scripting
- Good organizational and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies preferred
- Working knowledge of n-tier Web Application architecture
- Degree educated or equivalent experience gained through work experience
- Ideally the candidate will be an Oracle Certified DBA (or working towards certification)
Minimum Work Experience
- Relevant database administration experience for production environments including installation, patching and performance diagnosis and tuning, typically gained over 5+ years.
- Relevant experience working with software development teams in software product environment and providing third tier technical product support, typically gained over 5+ years.
- Strong experience working within a formal quality management environment.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs