Jobs at Parexel
We know just how important it is to put people first. It's with that human touch that we've played a part in nearly all of the top 50 treatments on the market. And every day, we're focused on working with industry leaders to bring life-changing healthcare to patients across the globe. Whether you join our Clinical, Consulting, Biotech, Functional Service Provider (FSP), or other teams, we're doing it With Heart ™.
Medical Director/Associate Medical DirectorJob ID R0000005557 Germany, Remote
When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve.
At Parexel, we all share the same goal - to improve the world's health. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, every clinical development solution we provide is underpinned by something special - a deep conviction in what we do.
Each of us, no matter what we do at Parexel, contributes to the development of a therapy that ultimately will benefit a patient. We take our work personally, we do it with empathy and we're committed to making a difference.
An exciting opportunity for a Medical Director or Associate Medical Director position. We are looking for a medical doctor (MD) with strong hematology experience. Clinical trial experience is preferred. You will initiate and maintain medical and consultative relationships with clients, consult on early engagement and pre-award efforts and serve as a medical monitor for contracted projects.
You will provide medical support required for successful delivery of the projects according to contracted agreement with the sponsor (i.e., tasks and time per task contracted) and according to the assigned role (Global Lead Physician or Regional Lead Physician).
This role is home-based in multiple European locations and will involve occasional travel.
- Deliver medical leadership to the project in close coordination with the Project Leader and according to the role assigned either GLP or RLP
- Participate actively in study planning with feasibility leaders, solution consultants
- Participate in team project and investigator meetings
- Provide training of study teams on therapeutic indication and protocol (Note that this does not include any direct medical advice on patient care or management)
- Communicate with relevant sponsor counterparts on challenges and accomplishments related to assigned project/study
- Participate in the development and/or review of study documents, such as clinical protocols, Medical Monitoring Plans (MMP), integrated clinical and statistical summary reports, safety plans, Informed Consent Forms, etc. in conjunction with clients/sponsors or in conjunction with other Parexel departments
- Deliver medical monitoring activities according to MMP during the study conduct:
- Answer to site/ study team questions relating to the study conduct or protocol
- Medical review of data listings / tables, protocol deviations, datasets, for medical accuracy/consistency in accordance with study plans (Medical Monitoring Plan, Medical Data Review Plan, Data Surveillance Plan etc.)
- Timely identifying risks and challenges
- Pro-actively proposing and/or delivering relevant actions contributing to the success of the study/project and risk mitigation.
- Attend and support any audits or inspections pertaining to assigned studies even if not directly involved in the audited activities
- Participate in periodic weekly rotas for emergency medical contact and emergency unblinding phone requests for Parexel studies, as applicable and/or appropriate for the MD, e.g. be available by phone 24/7 on the assigned week
- Provide risk assessment of clinical trials for local sponsorship as needed with the support of the designated Senior Medical Director or Section Head
- Provide medical input into pharmacovigilance workflows and projects and participate in safety processing for studies including medical review of serious adverse events.
- Support regulatory safety reporting activities
Client Relationship Building & Engagement
- Actively listen to, solicit and address client feedback and suggestions regarding medical study-related activities in order to enhance client satisfaction
- Integrate and put client interest and need first to build trust and demonstrate credibility, reliability, intimacy, and confidence
- Follow up satisfaction metrics pertaining to medical activities in assigned studies and propose / execute remediation plan in coordination with line manager and Project Leader in case of client dissatisfaction.
- Support Business Development as agreed with Section Head or line manager, while adequately balancing with billable tasks.
- In line with business development objectives, meet and attend phone conferences with clients to communicate and detail Parexel medical expertise and experience in a therapeutic area or in an indication.
- Provide medical expertise / leadership in Proposal Development Teams (PDTs) for client bid pursuit meetings
- Attend preparation meeting and Bid pursuit meetings as required
- Provide support for marketing activities as requested.
- Share sponsor insights and experiences (strategy, history, culture, priorities etc.) with peer and proposal teams
- Coach and mentor junior team members on effective collaboration with clients as appropriate
- Provide medical expertise to client across multiple channels and interactions such as:
- Consultancy on protocol development or drug development program
- Medical review of various documents, which might be audited by clients and regulatory agencies
- Provide medical expertise and training to other Parexel colleagues
- As appropriate, write clear, concise medical documents
- Participate in activities to raise, coordinate and promote Parexel medical expertise both internally and externally including but not limited to internal therapeutic area meetings, training modules development, white papers, slide sets, publications etc.
- Support patient centricity, diversity and inclusion in all projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact well with sponsor/client counterparts
- Client-focused approach to work
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written medical communication skills
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Standard computer skills
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong clinical experience in hematology, managing patients with hematologic disease, which is expected to be kept up to date
- A background in clinical aspects of drug development
- Good knowledge of the drug development process including drug safety, preferred
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Medicine, preferred
- Medically qualified in an acknowledged medical school with completion of at least a basic training in clinical medicine (residency, internship)
- Fluent in written & spoken English and local language
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs