Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry by taking your work seriously, demonstrating empathy, and acting with heart? When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top-selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. We're not just the people with expertise, we're the people with heart.
Director, Clinical OperationsJob ID 70051BR Glendale, California
- Possesses thorough knowledge of all current study protocols.
- Meets regularly with Managers to discuss staffing for upcoming studies, sharing of staff between departments, and overtime reports.
- Authorizes all hiring, transfers, performance reviews, increases, and terminations in the Department in conjunction with the Director, Clinical Operations.
- Leads departmental meetings regularly as appropriate.
- Performs and assists in client pre-site, site and audit assessments for the Early Phase Units.
- Provides assistance in creating study budgets, contracts and completion of site questionnaires.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with clients, vendors, and hospital representatives.
- Reviews, tracks and approves all Departmental expenses.
- Works closely with Project Management and Feasibility groups in drafting timelines for studies.
- Works in conjunction with Clinical Operations Managers in managing all aspects of departmental performance improvement strategies including identifying areas for improvement, developing an action plan in conjunction with all affected areas/staff, and tracking and reporting results to Senior Management.
- Interfaces with key departments to discuss status of current studies at Parexel, as well as significant staffing, hospital issues.
- Explores potential in upcoming studies, methods to continue to provide sponsors with the highest quality data, increasing clinic efficiency and directions for future growth.
- Provides clinical input on protocols in development. Identifies which protocols can or cannot be done feasibly/profitably at Parexel.
- Manages all aspects of clinical operations at the unit.
- Supervises additional support staff and ancillary staff as required by the unit.
- Evaluates proposed protocols and provides feedback to Business Operations on clinical feasibility.
- Provides information to Business Operations/Business Development to complete proposals/budgets as appropriate.
- Provides continued contact with the Sponsor for duration of the clinical study including entertaining Sponsor during site visits.
- Devises and modifies staff training programs in conjunction with the Director, Clinical Operations.
- Reviews, tracks and approves all Departmental expenses as appropriate.
- Works closely with Advertising/Enrollment Departments on recruitment strategy/issues as appropriate.
- Reviews Draft consents and offers suggestions to Regulatory Compliance.
- Determines the necessity for the creation of departmental Clinical Operating Guidelines (COGs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to meet hospital/facility requirements.
- Oversees and approves the review, revision, and/or retirement of departmental COGs and SOPs, upon approval, oversees the training and implementation of departmental and inter-departmental COGs/SOPs.
- Maintains and updates knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCPs)/Good Documentation Practices (GDPs) and their proper application. Reinforces the use of GCPs/GDPs departmentally through example and staff training.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time, manage resources and multi-task.
- Computer proficiency.
- Local and out-of-town travel.
- Flexible schedule.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3-5 years clinical research and management experience.
- Previous early phase clinical trial experience and BS/MS in a related science.
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs