Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry by taking your work seriously, demonstrating empathy, and acting with heart? When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top-selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. We're not just the people with expertise, we're the people with heart.
Medical DirectorJob ID 64672BR Harrow, England, United Kingdom
- To provide senior management and medical support for the activities of the Clinical Pharmacology Research Unit (CPRU).
- To manage the activities of the CPRU from the medical, scientific, operational and quality perspectives.
- To ensure that the activities of the unit conform to industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- To contribute as a member of the International Management team to the development of worldwide Clinical Pharmacology services.
- To perform the duties of Principal Investigator during clinical trials according to International Conference on Harmonization Good Clinical Practice (ICH GCP) and to the highest standards to ensure that welfare of the subjects and the quality and credibility of study data is maintained.
- To liaise proactively with hospital specialists, GPs, consultants and others to recruit suitable volunteers and patients for clinical trials.
- To provide business development support by meeting with sponsors and assisting in feasibility activities.
- To assist Physicians in the clinical studies performed in the CPRU.
- To liaise with Sponsors during protocol development, regarding aspects of protocols such as design and safety and provide input into dose escalation discussions.
- To represent the unit and Parexel at national and international meetings, seminars, workshops and congresses
- MBBS or equivalent
- GMC registration
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine or other relevant postgraduate qualification
- Appropriate experience in clinical pharmacology in early phase I/II studies.
- Leadership and teamwork skill.
- Excellent people manager with good negotiation skills.
- Outstanding communication.
- Suitable knowledge of drug development including preclinical toxicology, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and Regulatory requirements.
- Competent IT skills
- Previous manager of a Clinical Pharmacology research unit
- Good understanding of Pharmacokinetics and preclinical toxicology
- Postgraduate Business qualification
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs