Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry by taking your work seriously, demonstrating empathy, and acting With Heart®? When our values align, there's no limit to what we can achieve. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top-selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. We're not just the people with expertise, we're the people With Heart®.
Unit Administrator/ReceptionistJob ID 77237BR Harrow, England, United Kingdom
Oversee and manage Procurement of study and general supplies, stock control, invoice processing, logistics management including shipments in/out, reception cover and hospitality within the London, Early Phase Clinical Unit.
A business critical role ensuring that: -
- Procurement and Stock Control – ensure procurement process is followed and that orders, including consumables and equipment for studies, are placed on a timely basis, in alignment with sponsor protocol requirements and once received are stored in an appropriate manner depending on ordering department. Set up and maintenance of Stock Control system to prevent over-ordering of supplies resulting in tied up cash and wastage through expiry.
- Provide Reception cover including all duties performed by the incumbent; Processing of GP Payments, Volunteer Payments and coordination of volunteers through Screening and Out-Patients.
- All the logistics around visitors to the Unit are handled in a professional and timely manner. Liaise with Facilities and Cleaning staff within the Unit as required.
- Procurement and stock control
- Responsibility for managing and monitoring procurement process with all relevant areas to ensure studies are not delayed due to late delivery and ensure best pricing is obtained for all purchases.
- Set-up and maintenance of an inventory control system.
- Responsible for managing clinical and general unit stock, supplies and returns.
- Ensure proper support of all client logistics for visits to the London Unit – the Client Experience will encompass recommendation of hotels, provision of transportation, location maps as required, booking of meeting rooms and catering for the visits.
- Ensure that the Facilities and Cleaning contractors are delivering a first class service which does enhances the presentation of the unit to all internal and external customers.
- Ensure that all established timelines relating to areas of responsibility are met.
- Taking minutes in meetings.
- Any other duties assigned by the Unit Head and Management team.
- Prior stock control and procurement experience preferred.
- Administrative experience in a professional office environment desirable.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Min of GCSEs including English Language & Maths.
- Further qualifications in IT, business administration and/or Administrative/Secretarial qualification is desirable.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs