Tech Support Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Application Support SpecialistJob ID 60555BR Horsham, Pennsylvania
- Providing excellent Customer Service via the telephone and IT service management systems
- Logging and progressing Incidents and/or requests in the IT Service Management tools
- Provide user support, coaching/mentoring for end-users in the working of the Parexel client facing systems
- Maintain rapport with customers by displaying a detailed understanding of their support requirements
- Maintain high levels of incident ownership through the incident lifecycle to a satisfactory customer resolution
- Proactively manage updates to all parties with Incident/Requests statuses through to resolution
- Develop and maintain communication skills appropriate for the environment
- Understand and proactively operate escalations procedures
- Consistently meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI) as set by management
- Follow Incident Resolution / Operations internal processes regarding logging incidents and following the defined incident management process
- Provide shift cover within current Incident Resolution operations
- Demonstrated ability for independent learning on computer systems, server-based applications, and business processes
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational, customer service and time management skills
- Excellent issue analysis and problem-solving skills while working independently
- Ability to deal with stressful/contentious situations while being flexible and adaptable for business demands
- Strong attention to detail in logging support calls, updating call details and managing call closure
- Able to follow a strong approach to task and issue management, including documentation
- Ability to build strong and collaborative relationships with clients and colleagues
- Able to maintain a strong and proactive approach to information and knowledge acquisition
- Ability to clearly and effectively convey information via a variety of different methods targeted to varying audiences to yield maximum effect and benefit
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience essential
- Customer and Client Service: Deliver a positive, memorable and meaningful service exceeding the expectations of both internal and external customers. Ensure that all incidents and requests are fully documented: ensure sufficient detail received by end user to aid resolution and be ready and able to contribute towards building and maintaining knowledge management systems.
- Basic understanding of SQL and XML technologies such as (XML Schema, XSL conversion)
- Basic Understanding of JAVA
- Basic Understanding of integration platforms and data exchange methodology
- Data Analysis: Be able to understand how to use simple data analysis, data modeling and quality assurance techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of Parexel and client business processes. Based upon application knowledge a Technical Support Analyst will be confident in suggesting work arounds to resolve incidents.
- Database: Awareness of database concepts; querying multi-level applications; object and data modeling techniques and design desirable.; Ability to evaluate potential solutions by demonstrating a broad knowledge of how data flows through a given platform.
- Ability to work in IT service management (ITSM) environment desirable
- Pharmaceutical/Medical Device Regulatory Information Management experience desirable
- Understanding of Database operations desirable
- Technical Helpdesk experience desirable
- ITIL Incident and Problem management desirable
EEO DisclaimerParexel is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs