Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Senior Solution ArchitectJob ID 51241BR Horsham, Pennsylvania
The Senior Solution Architect is responsible for defining end to end solutions and/or business offerings to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the end customer while ensuring it is costed, delivered to specification and can be operated.
It is the Solution Architects role to ensure that all elements of the solution are delivered including the business, application, technology layers while complying to information and security requirements and provision an operational service by directing the domain and functional experts within each of these domains.
- Contribute to the end to end solution design to meet all the functional and non-functional requirements. Co-ordinate the design functions from subject matter expert groups and capability units to ensure that the solution is complete and has no overlapping points.
- Be able to clearly advise on areas of the solution that may cause issues to the customer and challenge the need of given requirements based on economic, time, business and complexity factors.
- Ensure that transitional architectural positions are factored into designs to allow the transition from as-is to to-be understanding all of the transitional points required, migration of data and workstreams required for delivery.
- Produce clear and concise documentation to define the solution and ensure that supporting lower level design assets have been created.
- Ensure that all solution(s) and components of undergo the correct level of governance and sign-off in compliance with Parexel policies and procedures.
- Via the use of presentation skills, verbal/oral communication and other influence techniques ensure via contribution that all stakeholders understand and agree to the solution. Look to influence the group to allow the best solution to be created and delivered.
- Ensure via contribution that all internal and external stakeholders understand the work you are conducting and are bought into the approach being used to deliver.
- Identify Risks and Issues. Quantify the impact of each occurring or not being met as well as creating mitigations and containments. Help define the factored impact of each resulting cost or time to the project / program of work.
- Ensure that all work undertaken will drive to create repeatable patterns for future re-use and tools and methods selected can be reused across Parexel in the future.
- Be able to evaluate functional and non-functional requirements across the solution defining assumptions to allow design to proceed in areas of gaps. Identify dependencies on other teams, 3rd parties and customer working with the project team to clearly define the impacts if these are missed.
- Be able to evaluate change requests made against the requirement scope of a solution and understand the impacts to design, time and cost of the change.
- Define the end to end costing of a solution based of the solution components designed. Be able to undertake different models of cost definition at different parts of the solution life cycle to deploy “top down”, “bottom up” “order of magnitude” or detailed costing.
- Lead/manage the technical teams including working with SMEs to ensure the correct technologies and solution components are used.
- Work with the BAs and PMs to ensure time scales are understood and meet customer need. Work across the Parexel business to bring in appropriate people to deliver the solution. This may include corporate IT, HR, Finance, clinical SME or other elements of the business as required.
- Stay abreast of technical trends in the market place and understand the impacts these will have on day to day job. Determine the right time to introduce these.
Parexel align skills to the SFIA (Skills For the Information Age) framework and specific skill definitions can be found on the SFIA website https://www.sfia-online.org/en/framework/sfia-7/skills-home .
Specific skills for the role are:
- Solution Architecture lv4
- Methods and Tools lv3
- Requirement definition and Management lv4
- Business Risk Management lv4
- Emerging Technology Monitoring lv4
- System Design lv4
- Change Management lv4
- Quality Management lv3
In addition, the following skills are desired for the role:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Shows Initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable and is able to cope with changing and evolving priorities.
- Must have the ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Manages provision of consultancy services. In own areas of expertise, provides advice and guidance to consultants and/or the customer or other stakeholders through involvement in the delivery of consultancy services
Knowledge and Experience:
The candidate will ideally have 10 years’ experience in technical delivery and have a proven record in undertaking design and architecture activities. This can be demonstrated via experience of utilizing skills aligned to below areas and while not necessary certification would be valuable
- Solution / Enterprise design qualification (e.g. TOGAF) or experience.
- Certification in design methodology (e.g. UML) or experience.
- Certification in scaled agile delivery (e.g. SAFe) or experience.
- Certification in agile delivery (e.g. scrum) or experience.
Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Computer Science field, or equivalent.
EEO DisclaimerPAREXEL is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, which in the US includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs