Tech Support Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Systems EngineerJob ID 52700BR Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Participate in feasibility studies and product evaluations. Assist in determining future application support requirements and options analysis, make recommendations. Maintain metrics to monitor system support performance and the effectiveness of the support services provided Actively work with one or more functional areas within PAREXEL to align business process with systems and tools and to develop strategy. Provide work direction, assistance and skill development to (Senior) Support Analyst, Support Specialists, and taking responsibility for the quality of their support and maintenance deliverables. Analyze complex business and operational system requirements and recommend solution options. Interface with other IT groups to ensure that database, hardware, network, security, quality, integration, support and project services associated with maintained systems are adequate and sufficiently managed. Interact with internal clients to understand the business need, help develop user functional requests and requirements and support the development and execution of test plans. Assist and advise in the development and continuous improvement of IT and IS Global IT standards and methodologies in relationship to application support in the PAREXEL environment. Negotiate and manage external vendor relationships for outsourcing of maintenance and support services. Keep abreast of industry standards, technological trends and best practices for application support and IT resource management.
- 8-10 years of extensive experience supporting and managing applications with complex integrations is required.
- Excellent troubleshooting experience required.
- Ability to provide bug fixes or workaround to resolve issues is required.
- Strong JAVA knowledge/ source code review and Debugging required.
- Hands-on experience with one of the Enterprise solutions is required – TIBCO or Informatica
- Strong SQL, PLSQL and Oracle expertise is required. Knowledge on identifying and resolving performance issues is preferred.
- SQLServer Experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Clinical Applications and data is preferred
- Experience with Jira/ SVN/ Service Now preferred
- Advanced proficiency in application design, development and support
- Able to quickly learn and grasp new concepts and technologies, needed to support the Application.
- Able to work efficiently on problem / issues with minimal assistance
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and work with geographically distributed teams
- Knowledge of standard ITL process
- Experience with industry standard Service Desk Tools – Service Now
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Client focused approach to work
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment
- Able to occasionally work closer to other time zones for handshakes on critical issues
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs