As a member of Parexel’s Statistical Programming group, you will be heavily involved in leading trials to successful completion, working in close collaboration with sponsor teams, and Parexel teams in differing locations. Depending on your career goals, you will be provided the opportunity to be exposed to a variety of different sponsors, products and therapeutic areas, or choose to focus your career on working with a specific sponsor and gaining in depth knowledge of a specific therapeutic area and compound.
You will become a part of a team with an inherent breadth of knowledge and expertise in small, single center Investigator studies to multi-site, multi-national trials in Phases I to IV of clinical development, as well as observational studies. From initial planning meetings at the study design stage through to implementation and execution, our team of skilled statistical programmers will employ industry-accepted statistical tools and techniques, as well as innovative consulting, to provide the quality and efficiency of projects.
Parexel develops and delivers cost effective, high-quality training programs for those employees that are directly involved with sponsor functional partnerships to ensure that our statistical programmers can quickly step in to make significant contributions to the success of a study. In addition, you will receive the opportunity to shape your development through quarterly conversations with your manager.
Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
"I have learned a great deal and developed my expertise. The management team here is open and honest and it is refreshing to be treated with a high degree of trust and flexibility. I have been fortunate to work on a wide variety of projects and partnerships and the work is always interesting."Richard – Principal Statistical Programmer
"My experience so far with Parexel has been great! I had initially started at Parexel as an Independent Consultant but was then presented with a full time job opportunity to really become a part of this fascinating company. I have enjoyed the flexibility to be able to orchestrate a good work/life balance, as well as learn from so many experts in consulting arena and really have a hands-on role with every day bringing a new but exciting challenge."Aqip – Consultant
"I was offered an incredible opportunity to continue my career in regulatory affairs without relocating 1,000 miles away and making major life changes. Parexel is an innovative, growing company which offers much needed flexibility and opportunities for professional growth."Blaine – Consultant
"Parexel is a very large organization and holds a top position amongst the different companies engaged in the Consulting business. It can offer many opportunities for development and career progression. Also the diversity of projects can offer a great expansion of knowledge in many areas of the Regulatory Affairs arena. Last (but not least), Parexel offers a variety of rewards to the employees (bonus scheme, benefits etc)."Giannis – Consultant
"Parexel is a CRO that I had always inspired to join because of the variety of knowledge, experts, culture, flexibility and exposure to be client facing as well as to use my technical knowledge all under a professional and diligent environment. I believe it has provided me the right platform to grow both professionally and individually with the opportunities to present my views and to dialogue with colleagues and clients with all but positive outcomes."Aqip – Consultant
We are one truly global team working together to propel each client´s journey ahead faster.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and an emphasis on life outside the office.
Opportunity to learn and grow through a performance and development goal-setting program.
Health and Wellness
Health and wellness programs, and a wide range of therapeutic areas and medical devices.
Opportunity to work on a wide range of therapeutic areas and medical devices.
Your ability to understand our clients’ needs and achieve quality results is critical to our reputation as one of the best clinical research organizations (CROs) in the world. PAREXEL Biostatistics units have an excellent reputation in the industry for their standards of work and quality of results
As a Biostatistician dedicated to late-phase clinical studies (e.g., Phase II - IV, “pragmatic” trials, observational studies, registries; outcomes research, ) you will lead research design and analytical strategies, input into protocols, develop and review statistical analysis plans and author/co-author reports, abstracts and manuscripts and provide statistical advice. You will input into the quality control of statistical deliverables. As the functional lead within a study team, you will lead the biostatistical and statistical programming activities on a study and be accountable for the deliverables from these functions. Key responsibilities also include project management of deliverables, resource and function specific budget. You will have the opportunity to become a subject matter expert for specific tasks within a key client partnership and to become involved in business development activities.
An exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen to join our international team as
This role can be based in France, Germany or the UK
to contribute to contribute to meaningful advances that benefit patients in need.
1 sentence quote from Hiring Manager about the job:
You’ll be able to develop your statistical skills, working as a functional lead in dynamic teams. You’ll gain exposure to multiple therapeutic areas, have the opportunity to grow and develop your career and be part of a pleasant and flexible working environment.
- Perform or supervise complex statistical analyses and create or provide input to statistical reports – usually in English.
- Cooperate with other biostatistical and company departments to optimize the global efficiency.
- Act as a pro-active advisor for all types of analysis during the proposal process as well as during the project life cycle; define strategies and evaluate the statistical resources needed to meet the defined goals.
- Coordinate Biostatistics related project activities for successful completion within given timelines and budget.
- Interact with clients with regard to data analysis, scope of work, and budget.
- Review derived datasets and all types of statistical analysis deliverables.
- Develop complex analysis strategies, and execute them using efficient programming techniques (software: SAS).
- Produce and provide expert input to analysis plans, statistical reports, statistical sections of integrated clinical reports and other process supporting documents.
- Quality control of all kinds of statistical deliverables.
- Training/mentoring of junior members of the department.
- Representing PAREXEL at client meetings
- Degree in Biostatistics/Statistics or relevant quantitative sciences degree and a Masters or PhD in a statistical subject.
- You have a thorough understanding of statistical issues in both clinical trials (and other randomized experiments) and observational studies (e.g. comparative cohort studies, case-control, retrospective/prospective cohort).
- You will have experience in statistical analysis in a clinically related subject, either within clinical trials or in Epidemiology, either academically or professionally – and/or Outcomes research.
- Experience with oncology and/or diabetes trials would be an advantage.
- You are able to work independently and in a team
- You are confident, self-reliant, and a quick learner.
- You have advanced SAS programming skills.
- Good oral and written English communication skills are mandatory.
- Ability to travel as required
Starting your journey with PAREXEL comes along with an extensive induction program and ongoing training while following your individual career path. We have been recognized as a 2015 Training Top 125 by Training Magazine for our excellence in employer-sponsored training and development programs.
On your PAREXEL journey, you will be involved in all statistical aspects of clinical trials, you will work in cross-functional teams, and with managers who know your strengths. If you’re looking for flexibility and work-life balance, we’re here to listen and help you move forward with your individual career path.
There are pivotal moments in every career: Sharing new treatments. Improving processes. Delivering life-saving advances. The people who succeed are the ones who make the journey go further and faster every time. If you’re looking to collaborate with life science industry leaders, gain exposure to industry changing technology, and find the security of a role within a global CRO join a team that will help you move forward with your individual career path.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs