Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Senior Project LeaderJob ID 63272BR India - Any Region - Home Based
This role provides the overall cross-functional leadership of medium to high complex clinical trials or low
complex clinical trial programs as well as the project teams to achieve operational excellence and deliver
projects/programs on time, to budget, to the highest quality, compliant with ICH GCP, and that meet client
expectations. This position is responsible for the profitability of a project(s) and client satisfaction.
The Senior Project Leader acts as a role model and/or mentor for the team and Project Leaders. Senior
Project Leaders may support program management responsibilities, if requested. Senior Project Leaders
may mentor junior staff and Functional Leads for specific projects. This position is expected to be able to
lead a global study team without any major guidance.
on assigned projects including:
Ensure that all standard project systems and tools are set up correctly and
Implement operational strategy as defined in the project plan and makes changes
to the plan to ensure desired results. Proactively solve problems in collaboration
with the client and project team. Seek advice / approval from Project Director or
Director, Project Leadership, as, and when, required.
Close out of all project activities upon project completion; perform financial
reconciliation and system closeout. Identify best practices developed during
project and share lessons learned across the organization.
Perform initial and ongoing risk management
Identify potential project (or program) risks and implement contingency plans,
mitigate actual risks with team members and keep client informed about risks
Manage and ensure first time quality on the project deliverables
Establish quality standards for the project (or program) that drive individual and
team commitment to quality. Monitor quality of deliverables and implement
corrective and preventative action as needed.
Develop and manage the client relationship
Owns the client relationship at a study level and responsible for client
communication ensuring high client satisfaction.
Establish effective channels and standards of communication among all key
stakeholders that supports timely and efficient delivery of the information
required for the effective completion of the project.
Pro-active approach to providing solution set for clients in a timely manner.
Actively seek support in managing disagreements and communicating concerns
Understand and own the project P&L
Manage the project according to budget with revenue recognition and
forecasting, including resource management, pass-through management (review,
regular reconciliation and forecasting) and managing Change in Scope in
collaboration with the Project Specialist, the Client Contract Manager, the
Project Financial Business Partner and functional leaders. Handle all project
Manage the cross functional Project team
Enable all stakeholders to achieve successful study completion while
maintaining high client satisfaction. Establish team goals, inspire individual
ownership, and establish processes to support project result accountability. Lead
internal monthly project review meetings.
Ensure relevant project (or program) specific training is developed and followed
Represent Project Leadership function
Represent Project Leadership Function in external client meetings and
presentations such as Bid Pursuit Meetings, Investigator Meetings or others as
required. May represent PAREXEL at professional meetings / conferences.
Other assigned responsibilities
May include non-billable work such as SOP review and lead or contribute to
other organizational initiatives.
QualificationsSkills:• Ability to create a sense of urgency and take a proactive, solutions-based approach
• Strategic Thinking skills
• Conflict Management skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Highly accountable
• Client focus
• A flexible attitude with respect to assignments and new learning; leading by example
• Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with
attention to detail
• Ability to thrive in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
• Thorough understanding of all aspects of project life-cycle
• Ability to work independently with minimal oversight guidance
• Ability to analyze complex/novel situations and develop nonstandard solutions
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word, and project planning software
• Ability to become proficient with PAREXEL systems
• Familiarity with standard business and eClinical systems used in Clinical Research – such as
CTMS, EDC, IXRS, TMF and project planning tools
• Proficient in ICH and GCP regulations in relevant geographies
• Solid clinical knowledge and relevant understanding of clinical research and protocol design
• Ability to adopt and work according to PAREXEL High Performance Culture (HPC) principles
• Ability to inspire cross-functional teams to collaborate and demonstrate ONE PAREXEL
• Competencies aligned to Project Leadership Job Models for: Project Planning; Project Execution;
Project Fulfillment; Financial Management; Risk Management; Quality Management; Team
Leadership; Communication and Relationship Management
Knowledge and Experience:
• Strong command of written and spoken English language, local language proficiency as required
• Proven advanced project management experience, preferably in healthcare, clinical research, or
contract research organization
• Proven track record of developing client relationships at project level
• Different trial phase experience will be an advantage
• Bachelor’s degree in a science/medical related field. Advanced degree desirable
• PMP or equivalent desirable
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs