As a Biostatistician at PAREXEL you’ll work on a variety of projects, while collaborating with our global team of experts. You’ll be able to develop your statistical skills, gain exposure to multiple therapeutic areas, become involved in business development activities, and have the opportunity to grow and develop your career within a flexible working environment. You’ll also contribute to research design and analytical strategies, provide input into protocols, and develop and review statistical analysis plans.
What makes a successful Biostatistician at PAREXEL? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"PAREXEL is very team oriented, so you work with a lot of people and also get to work in different therapeutic areas. There are many opportunities to find what you enjoy and the management is very supportive."James - Principal Biostatistician
"From a new graduate to a well-trained Biostatistician, I have definitely gained significant experiences in PAREXEL over the past three years. At PAREXEL I have always felt valued and supported, my strength got recognized and optimized here and my work got appreciated. I am very proud to be a part of the organization."Fiona - Biostatistician II
Opportunity to learn and grow through a performance and development goal-setting program.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and a flexible working enviroment.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
The ability to innovate, ask “what if” and try new solutions without fear of failure.
Utilize PAREXEL’s industry leading clinical systems and solutions
Strong mentors with depths of experience working for global health authorities.
• Programming activities within assigned clinical trial(s), ensures that all programming activities are executed in a timely manner and to the required high statistical and reporting standards as specified in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Assist Manager with resource planning.
• Taking the lead in more complex studies and studies across SBUs.
• Taking responsibility of driving timelines and liaise with programming team assigned to a specific project.
• Programs and documents derived datasets, listings, tables, figures and statistical appendices for mainly safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of complex study designs.
• Ensures that the deliveries match agreed specifications.
• Be familiar with new regulatory guidelines and new technical developments.
• Develop and present on-the-job training material to Level I to Level III programmers.
• Provide programming details to be included in Statistical Analysis Plans.
• If required, prepares datasets for electronic submission to regulatory authorities in line with applicable guidelines and requirements.
• Working according to International Conference on Harmonization Good Clinical Practice standards.
• Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, communicating to the team in an open and positive manner.
• Mentoring programmers of all levels.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Good SAS® programming skills (SAS/BASE, SAS/STAT, and SAS/GRAPH).
• Windows applications; Word (including adapting and writing macros); Email; Excel – basic; Internet; Powerpoint.
• Professional attitude; Self-motivated; Logical thinking; Attention to detail; Able to work independently; First time quality.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Client and quality focused approach to work.
• A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new developments.
• Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload.
• Value the importance of teamwork.
• Ability to work well under pressure and to keep scheduled timelines.
• A 3 year degree or equivalent, in a programming discipline is preferable; Post graduate qualification is advantageous.
• Competent in written and oral English
Minimum Work Experience
• At least 5 years of hands on programming experience in SAS®, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry.
• Knowledge of SAS (SAS/BASE, SAS/STAT, and SAS/GRAPH).
• Experienced in creating ADaM datasets and define.xml.
• Basic pharmacokinetics: Calculations and analyses.
• Basic to more advanced Statistics.
• Knowledge regarding creation and validation of SAS macros is preferred
• Knowledge regarding validation of software is preferred
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs