As a Biostatistician at Parexel you’ll work on a variety of projects, while collaborating with our global team of experts. You’ll be able to develop your statistical skills, gain exposure to multiple therapeutic areas, become involved in business development activities, and have the opportunity to grow and develop your career within a flexible working environment. You’ll also contribute to research design and analytical strategies, provide input into protocols, and develop and review statistical analysis plans. Explore opportunities within our core Clinical Development, Biotech, or Functional Service Provider (FSP) teams below.
- Full Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"Parexel is very team oriented, so you work with a lot of people and also get to work in different therapeutic areas. There are many opportunities to find what you enjoy and the management is very supportive."James - Associate Director, Biostatistics
"Parexel is a great place to grow your career, have fun, and make a difference. Our quality-focused team culture and supportive management ensure growth, learning opportunities and achievement for every employee."Eve - Associate Manager, Biostatistics
Opportunity to learn and grow through a performance and development goal-setting program.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and a flexible working enviroment.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
The ability to innovate, ask “what if” and try new solutions without fear of failure.
Utilize Parexel’s industry leading clinical systems and solutions
Strong mentors with depths of experience working for global health authorities.
Parexel is one of the world’s leading Contract Research Organizations, providing a suite of biopharmaceutical services that help pharmaceutical and biotech clients across the globe transform scientific discoveries into new treatments. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, our therapeutic, technical, and functional ability is underpinned by a deep conviction in what we do.
We are aiming to expand our Biostatistics in Australia and are currently recruiting for a Biostatistician II for either a home or office based (Macquarie Park, NSW) position. Depending on skills and experience, we are flexible with hiring level.
As a Biostatistician II, you will work independently as a Biostatistics Lead on subjects of moderate complexity, as well as in a statistical supporting role to senior staff within the department. Your work will consist of developing Statistical Analysis Plans and Table, Figure and Listing (TFL) shells, and performing biostatistics QC review and validation of analysis datasets and TFLs. You will interact directly with clients and internal Parexel project team providing basic statistical advice. For projects where you are assigned the lead role, you will also be responsible for project management tasks such as resource planning, financial management, timeline management and internal team communication of biostatistics and statistical programming activities. You will have the opportunity to both deepen and broaden your clinical trial and statistical expertise, and work with industry leading systems and processes. Unlike other CROs operating in Australia, Parexel Australia works on all phases of clinical trials (from early phase to late clinical).
- Produce Statistical Analysis Plans, TFL shells, statistical reports, statistical sections of integrated clinical reports and other process supporting documents
- QC validation of analysis datasets and TFLs using efficient programming techniques
- Coordinate and lead a project team to successful completion of a project within given timelines and budget
- Understand and apply moderately advanced statistical methods
- Interact with clients as key contact with regard to statistical and contractual issues
- Check own work in an ongoing manner to ensure first-time quality
- Proactively participate in and/or lead process/quality improvement initiatives
- Travel to, attend and actively contribute to all kind of client meetings as appropriate (eg discussing analysis concepts, presenting and discussing study results
- PhD or MSc in Biostatistics or related discipline with relevant experience
Experience and Skills
- At least two years experience working as a Biostatistician on clinical trials
- Attention to detail
- Professional attitude and good organization skills
- A good understanding of statistical issues in clinical trials
- Prior experience with SAS programming is preferable
- Ability to work independently
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
Why Work at Parexel:
There are pivotal moments in every career: Sharing new treatments. Improving processes. Delivering life-saving advances. The people who succeed are the ones who make the journey go further and faster every time. What if you had a partner to support you as you reach the next level in your professional path? A partner who believes a collaborative environment is key to achieving your goals? A partner who is dedicated to your health and wellness so you can help make a difference in the lives of millions worldwide?
That’s Parexel. We’re a diverse team of professionals focused on one goal: getting treatments into the hands of those who need them most. Working together, the results we bring to our clients and the opportunities we bring to our team get better with every step.
How can we help you on your journey? Find your path, and learn more on LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Glassdoor.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs