As a Biostatistician at Parexel you’ll work on a variety of projects, while collaborating with our global team of experts. You’ll be able to develop your statistical skills, gain exposure to multiple therapeutic areas, become involved in business development activities, and have the opportunity to grow and develop your career within a flexible working environment. You’ll also contribute to research design and analytical strategies, provide input into protocols, and develop and review statistical analysis plans. Explore opportunities within our core Clinical Development, Biotech, or Functional Service Provider (FSP) teams below.
- Full Time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
"Parexel is very team oriented, so you work with a lot of people and also get to work in different therapeutic areas. There are many opportunities to find what you enjoy and the management is very supportive."James - Associate Director, Biostatistics
"Parexel is a great place to grow your career, have fun, and make a difference. Our quality-focused team culture and supportive management ensure growth, learning opportunities and achievement for every employee."Eve - Associate Manager, Biostatistics
Opportunity to learn and grow through a performance and development goal-setting program.
We value work-life balance. We try and keep regular hours and a flexible working enviroment.
Work with industry leaders and subject matter experts.
The ability to innovate, ask “what if” and try new solutions without fear of failure.
Utilize Parexel’s industry leading clinical systems and solutions
Strong mentors with depths of experience working for global health authorities.
Are you interested in working on mRNA vaccine trials? If so, read further…
Parexel is one of the world’s leading Contract Research Organizations, providing a suite of biopharmaceutical services that help pharmaceutical and biotech clients across the globe transform scientific discoveries into new treatments. From clinical trials to regulatory, consulting, and market access, our therapeutic, technical, and functional ability is underpinned by a deep conviction in what we do.
We are aiming to expand our Biostatistics in Australia and are currently recruiting for a Principal Biostatistician for either a home or office based (Macquarie Park, NSW) position. Depending on skills and experience, we are open to hiring at one level below (Senior Biostatistician) or one level above (Senior Principal Biostatistician) the position advertised.
The position will work on projects consisting of mRNA vaccine trials, as well as studies in other therapeutic areas. As a Principal Biostatistician, you will lead research design and analytical strategies, input into protocols, develop and review statistical analysis plans and author/co-author reports, abstracts and manuscripts and provide statistical advice. You will input into the quality control of statistical deliverables. As the Functional Lead within a study team, you will lead the biostatistical and statistical programming activities on a study and be accountable for the deliverables from these functions. Key responsibilities also include; project management of deliverables, resource and function-specific budget. You will have the opportunity to become a subject matter expert for specific tasks within key client partnerships and to become involved in business development activities. Also, unlike other CROs operating in Australia, Parexel Australia works on all phases of clinical trials (from early phase to late clinical).
- Provide broad statistical support, including trial design, protocol and CRF development on specific studies.
- Lead production and quality control of randomization, statistical analysis plans, statistical reports, statistical sections of integrated clinical reports and other process supporting documents.
- Perform sample-size calculations, generate randomization lists and write statistical methodology sections for inclusion in study protocols.
- Provide statistical input into Data Monitoring Committee (DMC) activities, including development of DMC charters and analysis plans.
- Provide a supporting role as a non-voting independent statistician providing data and analysis for DMC review.
- Support of Business Development, e.g. by actively contributing to study design considerations in internal and client meetings, providing and discussing sample size scenarios, support of budget and proposal development, attending and preparing bid defense meetings.
- Understand regulatory requirements related to the specific therapeutic areas and the implications for statistical processing and analysis.
- Understand, apply and provide training in extremely advanced and sometimes novel statistical methods.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of internal and external statistical training seminars and courses.
- Review position papers based on current good statistical practice.
- Interact with clients and regulatory authorities.
- Review publications and clinical study reports.
- Travel to, attend and actively contribute to all kind of client meetings as appropriate (e.g. discussing analysis concepts, presenting and discussing study results)
- PhD or MSc in Biostatistics or related discipline with extensive experience
- Significant experience in the design and analysis of clinical trials.
- A thorough understanding of the statistical aspects of clinical trials.
- You ideally have advanced SAS programming skills.
- Confidence, be self-reliant and a quick learner who enjoys working in a matrix team.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills.
- Ability to travel as required to Client meetings and to support sales activities.
Why Work at Parexel:
There are pivotal moments in every career: Sharing new treatments. Improving processes. Delivering life-saving advances. The people who succeed are the ones who make the journey go further and faster every time. What if you had a partner to support you as you reach the next level in your professional path? A partner who believes a collaborative environment is key to achieving your goals? A partner who is dedicated to your health and wellness so you can help make a difference in the lives of millions worldwide?
That’s Parexel. We’re a diverse team of professionals focused on one goal: getting treatments into the hands of those who need them most. Working together, the results we bring to our clients and the opportunities we bring to our team get better with every step.
How can we help you on your journey? Find your path, and learn more on LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Glassdoor.
North RydeView Map
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs