Jobs at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Database ArchitectJob ID 55030BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based at our modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment with the feel of an innovative technology company.
As our Database Architect you will work closely with the solution, system and information architects to understand our database requirements for solutions. You will create high and low-level database designs for solutions and work with implementation teams to oversee the configuration and deployment activities. You will define patterns and standards to ensure consistency and best practice in the delivery and operation of the databases.
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Evaluate, design and provide guidance for requirements that align to on-premise or cloud-based databases.
- Have a strong understanding of enterprise database deployment and where and when enterprise scaling can and should be deployed.
- Analyze current operational databases and define methods to tune and optimize there operation either utilizing full design refactoring or tuning using tools such as OEM or other.
- Produce clear and concise documentation to define the database components and ensure that supporting lower level design assets have been created.
- Be able to understand the licensing consideration of Database Deployment both on physical, virtual and cloud based deployments.
- Ensure that all database components undergo the correct level of governance and sign-off in compliance with Parexel policies and procedures.
- Patterns Evaluate and define what best practice patterns are within database design and templates for re-use and ensure that these are re-used across all deliveries where practical.
- Identify Risks and Issues. Quantify the impact of each occurring or not being met as well as creating mitigations and containments within the domain.
- Be able to evaluate functional and non-functional requirements and align these with use cases so that the database design delivers against them.
Evaluate and Manage Change
- Be able to evaluate change requests made against the requirement scope of the domain components and understand the impacts to design, time and cost of the change.
- Work with the Solution Architects, BAs and PMs to ensure time scales are understood and meet customer need. Work across the Parexel business to bring in appropriate people to deliver the solution.
Market and Technical Trend Analysis
- Stays abreast of technical trends in the market place within platform design and delivery and understands the impacts these will have on day to day job.
Analytic Problem Solving
- Have an analytical approach to identifying the root cause of problems and resolving them.
- Have an understanding on how the requirement sets will need to be tested and work with the testing and validation teams .
- Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Computer Science field, or equivalent experience is more desirable.
- Oracle Database Administrator Certified Professional or MCSA: SQL Database Development again is desirable.
Specific skills for the role are
- Database Design
- IT Infrastructure
- Methods and Tools
- Requirement definition and Management
- System Integration and Build
- Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Systems Design
- Change Management
In addition, the following skills are desired for the role:
- Good knowledge of Oracle, SQL or Azure DbaaS including SQL and Cosmos
- Proficient in designing/implementing/administering database server environments
- Ability to identify requirements, develop data models, perform data analysis, design and code complex stored procedures and performance tune existing database processes
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to regulatory and compliance demands of the industry.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Show Initiative and self-confidence to be adaptable and able to cope with changing and evolving priorities.
- Must have the ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
Knowledge and Experience:
- You will ideally have intermediate or advanced level experience in technical delivery and a proven record in undertaking database design activities.
- This can be demonstrated via experience and the below certifications would also be desirable
- Understanding and experience in Scaled Agile Delivery (e.g. SAFe).
- Understanding and experience of formal design methodology (e.g. UML).
- Certification in agile delivery (e.g. scrum) or experience.
- Azure DbaaS design and delivery.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply now to begin your Parexel journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs