Software Developer Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
IT Demand ManagerJob ID 60236BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
The IT Demand Manager is accountable for the management of all incoming demand for IT services and ensures that there is an effective process for the smooth and timely flow of demand from ‘receipt’ to ‘completion’.
The role also ensures that a forward view of demand is created and continuously updated to support planning for service and resource capacity. In particular the role is critical to the identification and translation of business demand and consumption trends into IT Service-specific demand forecasts.
- Oversees both the strategic (long-range) and tactical (short-range) view of business demand for IT Services and IT’s ability to supply (including via external Service Providers)
- Designs, implements and manages the IT Demand Management process for IT Services.
- Identifies all sources and types of demand and manages the demand arising from internal & external customers, projects, solution groups, product management etc.
- Works with IT Service Providers (internal and external) to ensure that they receive and process demand requests in a timely manner. Ensures that work demands appear in team backlogs and work management systems as rapidly as possible to allow decision making and prioritization decisions to be taken as close to the work as possible.
- Deliver training for Demand Management process participants and provide advice and guidance on the process when needed.
- Understand, identify and work within the constraints (e.g. more demand than ability to meet, IT budgets, contractual terms – money, time, skills) so that resources are appropriately allocated and bottlenecks are identified.
- Monitor end to end Demand process performance and ensure that the process is subject to regular review & continuous improvement, with an overarching objective to reduce lead times from ‘request’ to ‘completion’.
- Work with ‘demanders’ to analyse and understand demand trends, future demand expectations, variances, unplanned needs and help with articulation and definition of requirements as required.
- Demand Management (SFIA7) 5
- Implements demand management analysis and planning activities. Provides advice to help stakeholders adopt and adhere to the agreed demand management approach.
- Business Process Improvement 5
- Analyses and designs business processes; identifies alternative solutions to exploit new technologies and automation. Develops graphical representations of business processes to facilitate understanding and decision making.
- Analytics 5
- Specifies and applies appropriate analytical techniques to create information which supports business decision-making. Formats and communicates results, using textual, numeric, graphical and other visualisation methods appropriate to the target audience.
- Requirements Definition & Management 5
- Facilitates scoping and business priority setting for large or complex changes, engaging senior stakeholders as required.
QualificationsKnowledge & Experience:
- The role holder is an experienced practitioner and subject matter expert in the field of IT Demand Management with at least 8 years’ direct and relevant experience and has wide-ranging experience.
- They use professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards. Is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization.
- Has extensive experience of setting up processes and managing IT demand across multiple service towers (compute & storage, networks, end user computing, application services).
- Has been involved with improvement initiatives for IT demand management practices.
- Has experience of using tools and software to support the execution and optimization of demand management.
- Has experience communicating across operational, business and customer boundaries, and is able to translate business demand into IT demand, and communicate IT supply performance and constraints using non-technical, business-oriented language.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ITIL Intermediate level certification preferred
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs