Tech Support Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
IT Problem ManagerJob ID 53937BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
- To take ownership and responsibility for the problem management process and policies and to ensure continual improvement
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of the Problem Management process.
- Lead the investigation of problems, via a root cause analysis or through proactive trend analysis and monitoring
- To implement planned and preventative maintenance to minimize incidents
- Contribute to the development of the service management tool
- Design appropriate metrics for reporting on key performance and quality indicators in relation to problem management, particularly in terms of in-depth trend analysis
- Analyses incidents and problems to proactively prevent the occurrence of further incidents and problems
- Responsible for the provision of documentation of known faults and resolutions to 24/7 Team
- To ensure that changes and releases are initiated appropriately in response to problem.
- Act as an interface between Operations, the business and service providers to ensure that problems are resolved
- To lead and manage (ad hoc) problem teams.
- To contribute to the development and revision of relevant policies, frameworks and processes that are in place across the business
- To communicate and manage expectations during problem resolution and act as a point of escalation
- Ensure timely and appropriate communication with involved parties
- To be the focal point for all problem management issues
- Ensure effective communication to work collaboratively with relevant parts of the business, and that knowledge and best practice is shared to optimize performance
- To develop and use a range of performance measures to regularly monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of problem management
- Ensure that problems and planned/proactive tasks are correctly prioritized and delivered in accordance with those priorities
- Knowledge of process management methodologies and IT Service Management frameworks such as ITIL v3.
- ITIL Problem Management training and or certification.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years combined work experience in Information Technology and Quality.
- Understanding of global pharmaceutical / BioPharma industry environments and Healthcare regulatory environment.
- Experience with the ServiceNow platform preferable.
- Experience working in an Information Technology role.
- Ability to move forward with change despite obstacles.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience at multiple levels across the organization.
- Ability to ask probing questions, identify risk and assess situations quickly.
- Handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate diplomacy in dealing with difficult situations.
- Have an Analytical mindset.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs