Software Developer Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
IT Service Asset & Configuration AnalystJob ID 60235BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
- The Service Asset & Configuration Analyst is responsible for supporting the design and maintenance of the Configuration Management System (CMS) and Asset Database to ensure that accurate and reliable information about the hardware and software assets, configuration of services and the Configuration Items (CIs) that support them, is available when and where it is needed, including information on how CIs are configured and the relationships between them
- The role supports the design, communication and helps ensure adherence to Service Configuration & Asset Management policies and standards to ensure effective and efficient maintenance of Configuration Items (CIs) required to deliver IT services is complete and up to date.
- Supports the design, implementation and management of the Service Asset & Configuration Management processes across internal and external providers, providing defined Management Information to support continuous improvement
- Oversee maintenance of the Asset Database and Configuration Management System (CMS) including the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) ensuring regular health checks are performed and identifying and implementing improvements.
- Work closely with all Service Asset owners and managers to ensure they discharge their duties and contribute to the Asset Management & Configuration processes and CMDB.
- Develop and monitor Access Controls for Asset and CI maintenance to ensure Assets and CIs are only added/changed by authorized users (owns the exception management process for Access Controls).
- Support the development of data models that support the assessment of impact and causes of Incidents and Problems and proposed Changes; support planning and design of new or changed Services and Releases, technology refresh and software upgrade, as well as optimization of asset utilization and costs by providing timely and accurate asset and configuration data..
- Ensure integration and optimization of CMDBs across multiple service providers where necessary.
- Ensure that Asset, CI and configuration data is maintained as complete, comprehensive and up to date.
- Ensure that data is available to support other Service Management Processes, esp. Incident, Change Control and Problem.
- Support regular audits and checks to verify that Asset, CI and CMDB data is complete and up to date.
SFIA Skill Levels:
- Configuration Management 4
- Maintains secure configuration, applying and maintaining tools, techniques and processes to identify, track, log and maintain accurate, complete and current information.
- IT Asset Management 4
- Controls IT assets in one or more significant areas, ensuring that administration of the acquisition, storage, distribution, movement and disposal of assets is carried out. Produces and analyses registers and histories of authorised assets (including secure master copies of software, documentation, data, licenses and agreements for supply, warranty and maintenance), and verifies that all these assets are in a known state and location.
QualificationsKnowledge & Experience:
- The role holder is a seasoned, experienced professional with a complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards of IT Service Asset & Configuration Management, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Has experience of IT SACM applied to infrastructure service assets (hardware and software) and application software.
- Has been involved with improvement initiatives in SACM, including the setup of SACM capabilities in dynamically changing and growing businesses.
- Has experience of using tools and software to support the execution and optimization of SACM processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ITIL Intermediate level certification preferred
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs