Software Developer Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
IT Service Asset & Configuration ManagerJob ID 60234BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
The IT Asset Manager is responsible for the design and maintenance of the Asset Register, Vendor Database and CMDB (all being part of the PI’s Configuration Management System (CMS)) to ensure that accurate and reliable information about the assets, licensing, configuration of services and the Configuration Items (CIs) that support them, is available when and where it is needed, including information on how CIs are configured and the relationships between them.
They design, communicate and ensure adherence to Service Configuration and Asset Management and Software Asset Management policies and standards to ensure effective and efficient maintenance of assets and CIs required to deliver IT services is complete and up to date.
They aim to maximise and control the procurement, usage and deployment of software licenses, with the outcome of vendor compliance, risk mitigation and cost efficiency.
- Design, implement and manage the ITAM processes across internal and external providers, including regular process review & continuous improvement; training for process participants; advice and guidance.
- Oversee maintenance of the configuration management system (CMS) including the Configuration Management Database (CMDB), Asset and Vendor Databases.
- Ensure clear ownership for components, Configuration Items and Assets across all service providers.
- Ensure that all Service Asset owners and managers discharge their duties and contribute to the ITAM processes, CMDB and vendor database.
- Develop access control policy for CI maintenance to ensure CIs are only added/changed by authorised users.
- Ensure design of (logical and physical) data models that support the assessment of impact and causes of Incidents and Problems and proposed Changes; supports planning and design of new or changed Services and Releases, technology refresh and software upgrade, as well as optimisation of asset utilisation and costs.
- Ensure integration and optimisation of CMDBs across multiple service providers where necessary.
- Ensure accurate vendor data is maintained to facilitate renewal, commercial leverage and license scheme evaluation
- Ensure Software license entitlements are managed, understood and leveraged
- Provide a secure Definitive Media Library (DML) that holds the master copy and associated documentation for all released software.
- Ensure that CI and configuration data is maintained as complete, comprehensive and up to date.
- Ensure that data is available to support other Service Management Processes, esp. Incident, Change Control and Problem.
- Ensure regular audits and checks are undertaken to verify that CMDB and CI data is complete and up to date and vendor license entitlement constraints are not breached
SFIA Skill Levels:
- Configuration Management 6
- Manages the organisation's configuration management system and champions the business value and company policies for secure configuration management.
- IT Asset Management 6
- Promotes the continuing economic and effective provision of services, ensuring that all changes to assets and services are appropriately and accurately controlled and recorded.
QualificationsKnowledge & Experience:
- The role holder is an experienced practitioner and subject matter expert in the field of IT Asset Management (preferably both SAM & SACM) with at least 8 years’ direct and relevant experience.
- Has extensive experience of ITAM applied to infrastructure service assets (hardware and software) and application software.
- Has extensive experience managing ITAM in complex multi-sourced delivery models, with mixed in-house and external delivery partners.
- Has led significant improvement initiatives in ITAM, including the setup of brown-field SAM & SACM capabilities in dynamically changing and growing businesses.
- Has significant experience of configuring and leveraging tools to support the effective operation, automation and optimisation of the ITAM processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Hold one, or a number of, asset management related certification such as IAITAM CSAM, CITAM or CHAMP
- ITIL Intermediate Level certification preferred
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs