Jobs at Parexel
At Parexel. We’re a diverse team of professionals focused on one goal: getting treatments into the hands of those who need them most. Working together, the results we bring to our clients, and the opportunities we bring to our team get better with every step.
Lead Solution ArchitectJob ID 51910BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role will be based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links as well as a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
As the Professional Services (PS) Lead Solution Architect you will be responsible for leading a set of solution architects to define end to end complex solutions and business offerings to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of end customers while ensuring it is costed, delivered to specification and can be operated.
You will be responsible for establishing a practice of architects and ensuring they perform in a consistent manner across all customer engagements. Working closely with the VP of Professional Services and the Chief Architect to identify the resource capability required to meet the pipeline and ensure that the right level of governance and assurance is undertaken in all deals.
The role will ensure that all elements of the solution are delivered including the business, application, technology layers while complying to information and security requirements and provision an operational service by directing the domain and functional experts within each of these domains.
- Defines and leads a practice of architects to deliver Professional Service solutions utilizing the standard offerings and capabilities from parexel informatics.
- Leads and creates the end to end solution design to meet all the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Produce clear and concise documentation to define the solution and ensure that supporting lower level design assets have been created.
- Ensure that all solution(s) and components of undergo the correct level of governance and sign-off in compliance with Parexel policies and procedures.
- Via the use of presentation skills, verbal and oral communication and other influence techniques ensure that all stakeholders understand and agree to the solution. Look to influence the group to allow the best solution to be created and delivered.
- Ensure that all internal and external stakeholders understand the work you are conducting and are bought into the approach being used to deliver.
- Identify Risks and Issues. Quantify the impact of each occurring or not being met as well as creating mitigations and containments.
Definition of Standard Patterns Tools and Methods
- Ensure that all work undertaken will drive to create repeatable patterns for future re-use and tools and methods.
- Be able to evaluate functional and non-functional requirements across the solution defining assumptions to allow design to proceed in areas of gaps.
Evaluate, Control and Manage Change
- Be able to evaluate change requests made against the requirement scope of a solution and understand the impacts to design, time and cost of the change.
- Define the end to end costing of a solution based of the solution components designed. Be able to undertake different models of cost definition at different parts of the solution life cycle.
Technical Team Management
- Lead and manage the technical teams including working with SME’s to ensure the correct technologies and solution components are used.
- Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Computer Science field, or equivalent work experience .
Specific skills for the role are:
- Solution Architecture
- Methods and Tools
- Requirement definition and Management
- Business Risk Management
- Emerging Technology Monitoring
- System Design
- Change Management
- Quality Management
The following skills are desired for the role
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Shows Initiative and self-confidence is adaptable and is able to cope with changing and evolving priorities.
- Must have the ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Manages provision of consultancy services. In own areas of expertise, provides advice and guidance to consultants and/or the customer or other stakeholders through involvement in the delivery of consultancy services
Knowledge and Experience:
- The candidate will ideally have strong experience in technical delivery and have a proven record in undertaking design and architecture activities.
- This can be demonstrated via experience of utilizing skills aligned to below areas and while not necessary certification would be valuable Solution / Enterprise design qualification (e.g. TOGAF) or experience.
• Certification in design methodology (e.g. UML) or experience.
• Certification in scaled agile delivery (e.g. SAFe) or experience.
• Certification in agile delivery (e.g. scrum) or experience.
• Evidence of successful delivery of complex solutions and offerings
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and bonus as well as a benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs