Clinical Technology Opportunities at PAREXEL
Manager, Software EngineeringJob ID 49816BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
PAREXEL continued to grow in 2018, leading to the creation of new roles needing expertise and passion. If you are looking for a fast-paced environment with autonomy and training to gain new skills, then this could be the role for you. We are looking for a Manager of Software Engineering to take our technical team to the next level.
Job Purpose: Working alongside the different business units to line manage the technical team within the RTSM Production Services department, delivering IRT projects for client aligned accounts.
- Day-to-day line management of direct reports, including performance and workload management.
- Provide clear training and career development for direct reports either directly or through organizing training support/sessions.
- Conduct regular meetings (one-to-one and team) with direct reports.
- Actively contribute in forums with the global ADPS and MSE group ensuring standards for the department are set and applied across regions.
- Monitor and manage sickness and absenteeism for direct reports.
- Working with other MSEs ensure expectations are set and consistency applied across all ADPS groups.
- Working with MSEs and SEMs, gather and provide feedback to identify training and development requirements.
- Ensure training is delivered and measured for all role-specific tasks to the required standard and performance against these is fed back.
- Performance management and where necessary creation and monitoring of performance improvement plans (PIPs).
- Set objectives and goals; actively measure these for direct reports and regularly feedback on their performance against them. Participate in the PDC process and have meaningful conversations.
- Define client standards and expectations for responsible accounts. Ensure these are communicated to and understood by the client aligned team.
- Compliance with client standards is measured and where necessary refresher training and additional coaching is applied.
- When required, deputise for the client aligned ADPS, VDM, MSEs and SEMs.
- Conduct regular team meetings with key stakeholders aligned to the client aligned accounts.
- Ability to prioritize personal and team workload ensuring deadlines are met.
- Ensuring the integrity, security and quality of the teams’ output.
- Ability to work autonomously and with initiative ensuring quality is always put first.
- Provide consultancy and problem solving advice to business stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning.
- Help to develop and maintain SOPs, forms, standards, processes and systems that relate to Production activities.
- Develop standard solutions and guidelines across generic and client specific requirements.
- Where possible, fulfil the duties of direct reports in order to support the team through busy periods.
- Actively support the Project Manager with all aspects of the project development specifically offering proactive and innovative solutions during the requirement gathering stages of the project.
- Possesses a solid grasp of the management skills necessary for the management and leadership of direct and indirect reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build team working relations.
- Possesses management skills to enable the leadership, management and motivation of others within the team and wider group.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritise workload with attention to detail.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Capability to comfortably manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience of direct reports’ tasks and departmental SOPs to enable a high enough level of competency to be responsible for supervision and on-the-job training within the team.
- A thorough understanding of how the Production Services teams fit into the wider business when delivering IRT to our customers.
- Knowledge of working in a professional software development environment.
- Technical leadership experience demonstrated through a proven record of delivering high quality client projects.
- The successful job holder will possess a Bachelor’s Degree and/or other equivalent qualification.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs