Tech Support Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Manager, Technical SupportJob ID 61190BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
- Duties include team building, to create a roster of subject matter experts responsible for the configuration management and the technical administration of the ServiceNow platform for Technology Run Services (TRS).
- Oversee team mandate on support objectives and for preparation work to build template for standardized operational policy for key areas of administration and maintenance within the ServiceNow platform along with integrations.
- Provides keen oversight on strategic planning and governance for best practices and industry standards used for IT Operational Management. Facilitate the implementation of these in the form of workflows, Orchestration, Event Management, Service Mapping pattern development and other key functionalities within the ServiceNow Enterprise.
- Work closely with ServiceNow functional teams to develop technical solutions that meet the business needs of the organization, including expanding the use of the tool to other departments within the organization and implementation of new functionality.
- Responsible for team activity management of staff and resources in the IT Operations Management (ITOM) and other technical administration roles within the team.
- Able to self-organize, take ownership and multi task as a line manager to maintain the high-performance culture and quality of work conducted by the team for expected administrative responsibilities along with ongoing ServiceNow related projects. Work closely with TRS management team and other stake holders as needed.
- As a member of the departmental management team, assist Technology Run Services management team to rollout administrative support for ServiceNow Production environment. Observe and make recommendation when needed for process improvements to scale up support for strategic growth on the use of ServiceNow.
- Provide manager leadership to maintain high performance culture within the department, illustrate a commitment to excellence in Customer Service for end users of the tool and the other service-level teams who will be using the system to align with and deliver on principles of Stellar Service.
- Have a central role in the planning for software upgrades within ServiceNow. Create test strategies for scripts, processes and workstreams used to confirm versions compatibility prior to running the upgrade. Plan and execute the testing installations of new releases, updates or patches of ServiceNow. Help Calculate BT scaling for ServiceNow implementations.
- Provide line management of assigned personnel. Work with the HR Department ensure that the company’s personnel policies and procedures are adhered too. Bring to the attention of management on any circumstances giving cause for a concern or requiring professional assistance.
- Candidate possesses 3+ years’ experience managing a technical support team.
- Strong hands-on experience with ServiceNow. In addition, the candidate will have advanced knowledge ITIL tooling modules for Incident Management, Problem Management, Change & Release Management and Event Management.
- Experience with integrating Application Performance Monitoring tools into ServiceNow.
- Experience with the following operational modules and tasks within an ITSM Solution:
- Incident Management, Problem Management, Change & Release Management IT Operations Management (Orchestration, Event Management, CMDB)
- Configuration Management (Service Mapping, Dependency Views, Discovery)
- System Administration (Diagnostics troubleshooting, maintenance, workflows, business rules, upgrades)
- Possess excellent people skills and can manage a team of technical engineers. Able to collaborate to work with other technical groups to coordinate work in a professional environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills needed with technical and non-technical audiences including engineers, senior management and with 3rd party vendors are essential.
- Ability to take command to lead team of ServiceNow administrators. Work in global dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field or has equivalent work experience.
- ITIL V3 Certification.
- At least 4 years relevant hands-on experience working with ServiceNow in a Systems Administration role.
- At least 3+ years technical supervisor or manager experience.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs