Software Developer Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Manager, Web Interface DesignJob ID 62711BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
The Manager of the Web Interface team is responsible for developing and maintaining the PAREXEL UI Standards as well as managing a team of Web Interface Engineers. The candidate should have a strong understanding and demonstrated expertise in Web interface design, building web and mobile interfaces, designing UI wireframes based on UX requirements and working in an agile environment.
- Emerging technology monitoring
- Maintains awareness of opportunities provided by new technology to address challenges or to enable new ways of working. Within own sphere of influence, works to further organisational goals, by the study and use of emerging technologies and products. Contributes to briefings and presentations about their relevance and potential value to the organisation.
- Programming/software development
- Sets local or team-based standards for UX tools and techniques, including security guidelines, and the selection of appropriate UX development methods. Advises on application of standards and methods and ensures compliance. Assigns work packages, monitors performance and manages change control dynamically, to optimise productivity. Provides advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
- Systems design
- Recommends/designs structures and tools for systems which meet business needs and takes into account target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems. Delivers technical visualisation of proposed applications for approval by customer and execution by system developers. Translates logical designs into physical designs, and produces detailed design documentation. Maps work to user specification and removes errors and deviations from specification to achieve user-friendly processes.
- User experience design
- Develops visual user experiences across digital assets by guiding project teams to evolve key elements of a digital proposition. Combines understanding of customers and market conditions, with knowledge of digital trends, to create concepts that are both user-centred and competitively differentiating. Facilitates the generation of new concepts and ideas and illustrates concepts with impact. Manages client expectations, explaining the costs and benefits of user experience activities, and advising on risks resulting from poor user experience.
- User experience evaluation
- Advises on achievement of usability (including health and safety and accessibility) of specific visual design approaches and their suitability for different audiences. Advises on what to evaluate and type of evaluation. Manages evaluation of systems, products or services, to assure that the stakeholder and organisational requirements have been met, required practice has been followed, and systems in use continue to meet organisational and user needs. Evaluates design aspects of web tenders and a proposals including wireframes and mockups. Ensures that the results of evaluations are understood by system developers. Influences design teams to take action on the findings of usability tests
- Proven development experience in desktop and mobile web development.
- Excellent knowledge in information architecture, mobile usability design principles, and persona driven design.
- 3 years managing Design Teams in large enterprise environments supporting enterprise software deliverables.
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Understanding of common system architecture frameworks and concepts
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Client focused approach to work
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Show Initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable and is able to cope with changing and evolving priorities.
- Ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
Knowledge and Experience:
- Applied framework and good practices like OWASP (Open WEB Application Security Project), ISO 24772
- Applied methods like threat modeling applied to software development
- Applied and managed security risk for software development
- Strong automation skills, process improvement skills and performance testing
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum)
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (Maths, Science, Engineering, Computing, etc.) or a related study, or equivalent project-related experience.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs