Software Developer Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Principal DevOps EngineerJob ID 58255BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
As a Principal DevOps Engineer, you’ll lead and provide guidance on the build of solutions to enhance availability, performance and stability of our cloud services, along with the enabling platform automation and technical services for solution delivery in line with regulatory compliance.
You will respond to alerts & notifications to investigate issues in our products, working primarily on non-production environments and supporting the release of products into production environments. You will be responsible for monitoring, data collection and configuration management, as well as disaster recovery planning, capacity engineering, reliability improvement initiatives and platform automation. This may require you to work outside of normal business hours providing support to the development and support functions.
You will be seen as a Subject Matter Expert within the role and will be expected to evidence the collaborative and leadership behaviours that support working in a team with architects, developers, support staff, infrastructure engineers and testers as well as evolving and implementing the standards defined within the DevOps competency.
You will show creative and innovative problem-solving skills with a willingness to take responsibility and support the wider DevOps competency for complex issues as they arise. You will understand and set the examples of best practice and standards to develop and implement solutions that operate at scale - seeing your own technology efforts directly improve the reliability and availability of products and achieve the aspiration of “Release on Demand”.
As a Principal DevOps Engineer you will be expected to take on more complex activities either as part of a team of other DevOps Engineers or independently.
- The management of the capability, functionality and sustainability of service components (including hardware, software, network resources and software/infrastructure as a Service) to meet current and forecast needs in a cost-efficient manner aligned to the business. This includes predicting both long-term changes and short-term variations in the level of capacity required to execute the service, and deployment, where appropriate, of techniques to control the demand for a particular resource or service.
- Monitors service component capacity and initiates actions to resolve any shortfalls according to agreed procedures. Applies techniques to control the demand upon a particular resource or service.
- Prioritises and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures.
- Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution.
- Escalates unresolved incidents.
- Documents and closes resolved incidents according to agreed procedures.
- Investigates problems in systems, processes and services. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
- Leads the assessment, analysis, planning and design of release packages, including assessment of risk. Liaises with business and IT partners on release scheduling and communication of progress. Conducts post release reviews. Ensures release processes and procedures are applied.
QualificationsKnowledge, Skills, Education & Experience:
- Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science field, or equivalent or has performed at a Systems Engineer or DevOps Engineer for a minimum of 3 years
- Microsoft Azure Certifications are desirable
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL V3, Foundation certification is desirable
- Azure PaaS & IaaS engineering & development experience
- Microsoft Office365 & PowerApps engineering experience
- Deep understanding of CI/CD pipeline build, improvement and management
- Hands on & demonstrable experience with cloud infrastructure: Azure PaaS & IaaS, PowerShell & ARM Template Automation, Software Defined Networking, Virtual machine automation for Windows Server, Linux and associated infrastructure management layer automation.
- Exposure to and maintenance of configuration management and orchestration tools
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting, at expert level, incidents, problems and service-outages in high-throughput/complex web applications and network services
- Exposure to system and application level telemetry for large distributed & micro services cloud architectures
- Understanding in building cloud services within regulated environments
- Experience with the following products: Azure Devops, Octopus Deploy, TeamCity, Jenkins, Puppet, Mercurial, BitBucket, Git, Specflow, nUnit, jUnit. Knowledge of similar products will also be useful.
- Experience of robust and repeatable automation of non-cloud native products into cloud IaaS typically with Java applications, Oracle and web tiers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with team communication and positive stakeholder management
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritise workload with attention to detail.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading-edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs