Software Developer Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Senior Software EngineerJob ID 56164BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
We are looking for experienced Software Developers for an exciting and rewarding position within our research and development department. You will be seeking to join a highly collaborative agile software development team and be willing to challenge the status quo, share your ideas, learn from others and push your team for better ways of working.
Within our team you will engage in an environment where innovation can thrive. You will have space to take your ideas, develop and realise them in cross-functional department, working with wider areas of the business on a range of software platforms and projects, solving interesting and complex problems.
Parexel is leading the way in the adoption of cloud technologies for clinical trials and is a Tier Zero Microsoft partner. As such exposure to cloud computing and Microsoft Azure is desirable, although not essential.
This is an office-based role located at our modern office in Nottingham city centre which has onsite catering, excellent transport links and is a great working environment.
- Lead a cross-functional Agile development team consisting software engineers, testers, architects and product owners to deliver robust and well-engineered software solutions in partnership with senior members of your team and engineering management
- Foster a team culture and approach to work that embraces Agile principles and culture, and be a positive example to others of the behaviors they should develop
- Demonstrate strong software engineering practices such as BDD, TDD, SOLID principles, CI, CD and pair programming, mentor and lead members of the team to develop these essential skills and knowledge
- Demonstrate continuous improvement as an individual and actively support the continuous improvement of your team in partnership with senior members of your team and engineering management
- Lead the design and documentation of complex software systems to meet defined functional and non-functional requirements in partnership with senior members of your team and architects
- Liaise with and develop effective working relationships with other teams and key individuals in a cross-functional dev-ops environment
- Lead the troubleshooting of functional and performance issues in both development and production systems and feedback into improved design, implementation and process as appropriate
- Ensure project deliverables (software and documentation) achieve the industry regulatory and company standards.
- Extensive practical experience in:
- developing data-driven software using Microsoft Stack and .NET C#
- developing cloud-native applications preferably using Microsoft Azure
- building secure and scalable web applications, Rest APIs and services
- building continuous delivery pipelines to facilitate delivery on demand
- Superb inter-personal, communication and influencing skills and a willingness to interact with senior colleagues and management at all levels of the organization
- Extensive experience of the application of test-driven and behavior-driven development and a demonstrable ability to pass those skills and knowledge to others
- Experience of working in, leading and developing a positive culture in cross-functional agile teams
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs