Software Developer Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Principal Software EngineerJob ID 56124BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role will be based at our modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links as well as a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
As the Principal Software Engineer you will be responsible for collaborating with the R&D function within Parexel Informatics Engineering, including software and infrastructure design, ensuring quality and performance standards are met.
- Investigates corporate data requirements, and applies data analysis, data modelling and quality assurance techniques, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Provides advice and guidance to database designers and others using the data structures and associated components.
- Maintains and applies up to date, specialist knowledge of database concepts, object and data modelling techniques and design principles, and a detailed knowledge of the full range of database architectures, software and facilities available.
- Analyses data requirements, to establish, modify or maintain a data model.
- Takes account of specialist requirements (e.g. geocoding, for geographic information systems).
- Interprets the model into an appropriate database schema within set policies.
- Demonstrates, installs and commissions selected products.
Emerging technology monitoring
- Maintains awareness of opportunities provided by new technology to address challenges or to enable new ways of working.
- Within own sphere of influence, works to further organisational goals, by the study and use of emerging technologies and products.
- Contributes to briefings and presentations about their relevance and potential value to the organisation.
- Sets local or team-based standards for programming tools and techniques, including security guidelines, and the selection of appropriate development methods.
- Advises on application of standards and methods and ensures compliance.
- Takes technical responsibility for all stages and/or iterations in a software development project, providing method specific technical advice and guidance to project stakeholders.
- Assigns work packages, monitors performance and manages change control dynamically, to optimise productivity.
- Provides advice, guidance and assistance to less experienced colleagues as required.
- Recommends/designs structures and tools for systems which meet business needs and takes into account target environment, performance security requirements and existing systems.
- Delivers technical visualisation of proposed applications for approval by customer and execution by system developers.
- Translates logical designs into physical designs, and produces detailed design documentation.
- Maps work to user specification and removes errors and deviations from specification to achieve user-friendly processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (Maths, Science, Engineering, Computing, etc.) or a related study, or equivalent project-related experience.
- English: Fluent
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork.
- Understanding of common system architecture frameworks and concepts
- Technical awareness of Security and Application Software Development
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Client focused approach to work
Knowledge and Experience:
- Advanced level and proven relevant experience in systems integration and implementation via software development or engineering is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders
- Strong advanced Software Development Experience
- Experience in Design and Architecture of Java/J2EE applications.
- Exeprience in these areas is desirable : - Java, J2EE, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Web Application, MVC Frameworks (e.g. Spring or Struts), Version Control, Unit testing , Spring, Struts, experience using Application/Web Servers, Unix ( basic usage) , UML.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs