Tech Support Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Senior Application Support AnalystJob ID 52598BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
This role involves supporting users; addressing issues of all complexities, and in mentoring more inexperienced Software Support Staff. It also involves process improvement and assembling information and statistics on activities of the Software Engineering Support team.
- Deliver a positive, memorable and meaningful service to both internal and external customers
- Be responsible for the timely and effective delivery of personally assigned objectives to agreed standards and within agreed timescales
- Develop and maintain good relationship with all stakeholders and ensure they are kept informed of work in progress and involved in relevant decision making.
- Provide service related to supporting the second line support function for software issues raised through the IT Service Desk and assigned to you, triaging them and bringing them to a successful and timely conclusion.
- Diagnose application defects from exhibited symptoms; devise potential a work-around for customers and enter an in-depth technical analysis of root cause into the defect tracking system
- Be responsible for the delivery of maintenance releases of software to address support issues in a timely manner and to agreed quality criteria
- Participate fully in the development of processes to improve the service levels on support activities as requested – improving resolution times or quality as needed (e.g. maintain and share info on resolved issues, identify improvements to ‘support’ documentation, etc.)
- Assist less experienced team members, helping them to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to perform their roles effectively
- Participate in the departmental support rota providing 24hr emergency services to support and maintain the RTSM System
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner
- Adhere to ALL standard operating procedures of Perceptive Informatics
- Adhere to FDA regulations (21 CFR Part 11, GCP)
- Excellent diagnostic, analytical and problem-solving skills demonstrated by a track record of being a software engineer or software support analyst
- Good interpersonal skills – building relationships and communicating with Users and Systems dept staff
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail
- Significant hands-on experience of ASP.net technology
- Commercial experience of delivering large projects written in C#
- In-depth knowledge of SQL in Oracle and MS SQL server environment
- ITIL certification would be beneficial
- A degree in a Software Engineering (or similar/equivalent) discipline desirable
Minimum Work Experience:
- Experience of working in a commercial software development environment (typically gained between 4-6 years)
- Experience of providing engineering supporting for technology products, preferably Clinical products, in a commercial large-scale environment
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs