Project Management Opportunities at Parexel
In a Project Leader job at Parexel, you’ll help deliver sponsor projects and programs on time and on budget. You’ll develop and implement detailed project plans that reflect core objectives, prevent risk, and deliver results in compliance with SOPs, ICH, GCP and other guidelines. Help support the development of advances and treatments that are changing lives. Explore Project Leader jobs at Parexel.
Senior Director Program ManagementJob ID 58822BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
The Senior Programme Director is responsible for the Program Management and leadership of large or complex programs to support Parexels' clinical, regulatory and business users, including but not limited to new product introductions, software releases, upgrades to new or existing systems and client implementations.
Accountability Supporting Activities
- Project Management Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects (typically with significant business, political, or high-profile impact, and high-risk dependencies).
- Adopts and adapts project management methods and tools, selecting appropriately from plan-driven/predictive approaches or more adaptive (iterative and agile) approaches.
- Ensures that effective project control, change control, risk management and testing processes are maintained.
- Monitors and controls resources, revenue and capital costs
- directs, and co-ordinates activities to manage and implement a program from contract /proposal initiation to final operational stage including the transition into “business-as-usual”;
- plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to the program.
- Ensures that programs are managed to realize business benefits and that program management is informed by an awareness of current technical developments.
- Identifies the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts.
- Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Negotiates with stakeholders at senior levels, ensuring that organizational policy and strategies are adhered to.
- Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
- Develops implementation plans for complex requests for change.
- Evaluates risks to the integrity of service environment inherent in proposed implementations (including availability, performance, security and compliance of the business services impacted).
- Seeks authority for those activities, reviews the effectiveness of change implementation, suggests improvement to organizational procedures governing change management.
- Leads the assessment, analysis, development, documentation and implementation of changes based on requests for change
- Advises on financial planning and budgeting.
- Develops financial plans and forecasts.
- Monitors and manages expenditure, ensuring that all financial targets are met, and examining any areas where budgets and expenditure exceed their agreed tolerances.
- Analyses actual expenditure, explains variances, and determines options in use of available budget to meet real needs. Assesses financial performance and instigates required improvements.
- Refers to domain experts for guidance on specialized areas of risk, such as architecture and environment.
- Co-ordinates the development of countermeasures and contingency plans.
- Consultancy Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required. Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements. Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
QualificationsSkills and Qualifications
- High level of business and financial acumen, with proven ability to manage scope, timeline, budget, risk, etc.
- Outstanding organizational skills and time management skills, with ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated team-building experience
- Strong technical, analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to determine level and method of communication required for diverse audience, and ability to adapt communication style
- Mature leadership skills, following the “servant-leader” methodology
- Demonstrates significant levels of initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable and is able to cope with changing and evolving priorities while working in fast paced, time sensitive environment
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Project and other project management tools and methodologies, including knowledge of and ability to utilize implementation methodologies and deliverable templates (Resource Plan; Work Plan; Test Plan; Implementation Plan; etc.)
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and contribute in a team environment
- Ability to engage in Strategic thinking and decision making beyond the project level
- Demonstrated history and success managing multiple, complex software development projects
- Advanced knowledge and practice of Agile Project Management methodologies; understanding of Waterfall and Scaled Agile methodologies preferred
- Management of global project teams in a matrixed environment
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life-cycle
- Project Management experience in Pharmaceutical Industry/Management of Clinical Trials/Drug
- Demonstrated history of contributing to process improvements
- BS/MS Business/Engineering or applicable discipline
- Minimum of 7 years proven project management experience managing concurrent, large scale technology projects which include business process, technology and training deliverables
- PMP (or equivalent) Certification desired
- Agile Certification desired
- Scaled Agile Certification desired
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs