Software Developer Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Software Quality and Test EngineerJob ID 53243BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
The primary role of the Software Quality Assurance Engineer (SQA) is to perform validation activities and ensure the quality of the software being developed and released. Write and execute test scripts for products developed in PI Engineering, including, but not limited to, unit/module, performance, integration, stress and capacity testing. Test scripts will be both manual and automated. The SQA is involved in the functional design of developed software and ensuring that software produced fulfils the requirements of its users.
- Develop and provide validation documentation activities for software deliverables across the various platforms developed by PI Engineering, including, but not limited to, development and review/approval of test scripts, traceability matrices, test plans, validation summary reports, release memos and ongoing validation processes.
- Assist in the completion of associated documentation milestones including but not limited to SOPS, requirements specifications, design specification, User and Operations Manuals, Security administration processes, and network Qualifications.
- Work with the development team to ensure that all deliverables are delivered in a timely manner and in accordance with the requirements of the software development lifecycle.
- Execute test scripts accurately.
- Raise and manage any defects, using the appropriate software solution and follow through to resolution.
- Provide ongoing validation support and consulting on validation tasks and associated release milestones and deliverables for development and operations groups, including involvement end to end and UAT, according to departmental processes.
- Ensure compliance to related SOPs.
- Work with the team to continuously improve process and working practices
- Maintain a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and modelling teamwork, communicating to the team in an open, balanced and objective manner.
- Participate in formal staff review processes e.g. performance and salary reviews to corporate standards and timescales.
- Excellent analytic, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Client focused approach to work
- Strong working knowledge of formal software development methodologies and industry best practices
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload
- A flexible and positive attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Willingness to work in a matrix environment and to value the importance of teamwork
- Proven ability to be a team player
- B.A. or B.S. degree in IT or scientific field or equivalent project experience
Minimum Work Experience
- Experience in large and small-scale system development, integration, and operation within regulated industry, including some knowledge in software quality management / validation standard system development lifecycles, typically gained over 2+ years.
- Experience in validation testing and test script development for web and non-web based technologies including: modular, functional, performance, capacity, stress, and installation.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs