Tech Support Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
Technical Support ManagerJob ID 51305BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
PAREXEL is well known for clinical trials and bringing drugs to market to save lives. We function as a managed service provider, creating software which our clients use in their organisations.
It is important that clients have visibility as to service statuses and work being done. We are moving toward a Service Now go live date, improving the service we provide and our communication. We are looking for a Senior Manager, Service Now to work within our Technology Run Services (TRS) business unit to facilitate this.
- Own and manage the overall technical implementation of the ServiceNow product, including ITOM, technical implementations of business requirements, Scripting, Data structure and core administration of the tool.
- Duties include team building, to create a roster of subject matter experts responsible for the configuration management and the technical administration of the ServiceNow platform for Technology Run Services (TRS).
- Oversee team mandate on support objectives and for preparation work to build template for standardized operational policy for key areas of administration and maintenance within the ServiceNow platform along with integrations.
- Provides keen oversight on strategic planning and governance for best practices and industry standards used for IT Operational Management. Facilitate the implementation of these in the form of workflows, Orchestration, Event Management, Service Mapping pattern development and other key functionalities within the ServiceNow Enterprise.
- Work closely with ServiceNow functional teams to develop technical solutions that meet the business needs of the organization, including expanding the use of the tool to other departments within the organization and implementation of new functionality.
- Responsible for team activity management of staff and resources in the IT Operations Management (ITOM) and other technical administration roles within the team.
- Able to self-organize, take ownership and multi task as a line manager to maintain the high-performance culture and quality of work conducted by the team for expected administrative responsibilities along with ongoing ServiceNow related projects. Work closely with TRS management team and other stake holders as needed.
- As a member of the departmental management team, assist Technology Run Services management team to rollout administrative support for ServiceNow Production environment. Observe and make recommendation when needed for process improvements to scale up support for strategic growth on the use of ServiceNow.
- Have a central role in the planning for software upgrades within ServiceNow. Create test strategies for scripts, processes and workstreams used to confirm versions compatibility prior to running the upgrade. Plan and execute the testing installations of new releases, updates or patches of ServiceNow. Help Calculate BT scaling for ServiceNow implementations. Oversee risk assessment conducted for release/code reviews of ServiceNow software.
- Candidate possesses 5-8 years of technical administration and configuration of ITSM solutions. In addition, 2-4 years of experience as a line manager for managing a technical support team.
- Hands-on experience with ITSM Solutions. Service Now preferred. In addition, the candidate will have advanced knowledge ITIL tooling modules for Incident Management, Problem Management, Change & Release Management and Event Management.
- Experience with the following Operations tasks within an ITSM Solution:
- Incident Management, Problem Management, Change & Release Management
- IT Operations Management (Orchestration, Event Management, CMDB)
- Configuration Management (Service Mapping, Dependency Views, Discovery)
- System Administration (Diagnostics troubleshooting, maintenance, workflows, business rules, upgrades)
- Possess excellent people skills and can manage a team of technical engineers. Able to collaborate to work with other technical groups to coordinate work in a professional environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills needed with technical and non-technical audiences including engineers, senior management and with 3rd party vendors are essential.
- Ability to take command to lead team of ServiceNow administrators. Work in global dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Be capable to uphold PAREXEL HPC values and drive initiatives for quality, effectiveness, capability and availability for the customer from the Technology Run Services as an Organization.
- Author technical documentation including work-instructions and runbook documents. Must be able to translate & document associated roles into steps taken for expected responsibilities into knowledge-based media.
- Able to conduct risk assessment and identify gaps, able to adopt to changes in scope and be capable to realize and adjust for a process map or action plan to meet a deliverable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or related field or has equivalent work experience.
- Must have previous administration and configuration experience with an ITSM Solution in a large environment. ServiceNow a plus.
Minimum Work Experience:
- At least 5+ years relevant technical experience.
- At least 2-4 years technical supervisor or manager experience.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading-edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs