Software Developer Opportunities at Parexel
Are you ready to make your mark in the healthcare industry using your ingenuity and technical expertise? At Parexel, there's no limit to what you can accomplish. We work with the top 50 global pharmaceutical companies, the top global biotech companies, and hundreds of small and emerging companies. We've supported the development of some of the most important treatments of our time, including nearly all of the 50 top selling drugs currently on the market. Join us and you'll make a profound difference in millions of lives. With a role in our Information Technology group, you'll work with cutting-edge technology on internal and client-facing projects. Collaborating with people from all over the world and touching everything from enterprise systems and clinical applications to infrastructure and networking, you'll keep our data safe and confidential. You'll have the chance to develop your skills and pursue advancement opportunities that include managerial and technical tracks. If you have stellar coding and design experience and a passion to learn more about healthcare, Parexel invites you to discover our rewarding opportunities in Enterprise Architecture, Software Development, Project Management and Business Analysis, and more. In a global clinical trial environment, business-focused applications, connectivity, and data security are critical to a trial's outcome. Find out how you can be an invaluable part of our success story.
UI/UX DeveloperJob ID 57679BR Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
This role is based in our new modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links and has a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company.
Main areas of work will be in helping build a modern, responsive, branded UI component library based on clear coding standards (from Bootstrap 4, HTML5, CSS3, etc.) for Parexel to use across multiple applications and the creation of UI screens for other teams to complete functional implementation of.
As a member of the User Experience team the UI/UX Developer is expected to deliver usable, useful, and desirable user experiences. The ideal candidate must be collaborative and have the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Work closely with product management, UI designers, front-end engineers, and stakeholders to drive iterative UI design and prototyping.
- Promote, Support, and Maintain
- Ensure user interface designs are consistent and intuitive across our products. Support product pre-sales work with the creation of wireframes and HTML prototypes.
- Evaluate Products
- Assist in the evaluation products in terms of usability, visual design, and navigation structure.
- Implementation and guidance
- Assist in front-end implementation and provide any necessary guidance to engineering groups.
Proven skills, abilities and experience in:
- Web Interface design – taking on board usability and accessibility requirements to a high standard
- Building adaptive web interfaces that work equally well on mobile devices as on modern browsers
- Working with and building UI wireframes based on UX requirements and Persona based designs/insights
- Working within a fast moving agile development environment
- Strong ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries with the ability to prioritize and execute.
- Ability to hand code HTML and CSS
- Must have strong verbal communication skills
- Proficient with diverse writing, presentation, project management software.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge and practice of user experience best practices.
- Knowledge of the latest mobile web development, applications, and adaptive mobile websites.
- Strong facilitation, brainstorming and collaboration skills with strong user experience orientation and exceptional people skills.
Specific Technology skills and experience in:
- HTML – including HTML5
- Use of CSS pre-processors specifically Sass
- Bootstrap 4
Any skills in the following a bonus but not required:
- Angular (i.e. Angular 2 upwards) – using Typescript
- Front-end testing automation tools – including Jasmine, Karma, Protractor and (optionally) Webdriver (Selenium)
- Packaging of UI components using Bower, NPM etc.
- Build tools such as Angular-CLI, Webpack, Gulp, Grunt, TSLint etc.
In return we will be able to offer you a structured career pathway and development within the role including awareness and understanding of the industry. Your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year, pension scheme, life assurance, long term disability insurance, a health cash plan and other leading edge benefits that you would expect with a company of this type.
Apply today to begin your journey!
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobsView all jobs